Okay...so i'm back because...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jamie

Okay...so i'm back because...

Post by Jamie » Sun May 18, 2008 9:45 pm

when i was NOS-ing i was losing weight and in control of my cravings...but somehow i just stopped...UGH :roll:

2nd time is a charm :D

is THIS okay...not the healthiest menu but i am kinda 'detoxing' from ALL the horrible food i put in my body lately:

B-slimfast

L-3 crunchy tacos w/cheese

D-slimfast

soon i will eat better...but i am just wondering if you can REALLY eat whatever for these 3 meals...

am i suppose to eat in moderation or what?? LOL

HELP & ~THANX~

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi and Welcome Back!

Personally, I would binge using Slim Fast as one of my meals. But, if you can do slim fast and not feel hungry until your next meal...then that's fine. I just know that I would be dying to snack and eventually binge at night if that's all I had.

Yes - just eat 3 balanced meals in moderation. It's just that simple.

Good luck!
SW: 290
CW: 255
GW: 150
Started No-S on 3/1/08 at 290

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun May 18, 2008 10:30 pm

well if i replace just one meal i am okay on slimfast....but just today i am having 2 because of all the binge episodes earlier in the week :?

thanks for replying :D

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun May 18, 2008 11:36 pm

I'm an advocate of "real food" rather than Slimfast and similar things. To me, eating something that isn't sustaining is a set-up for failure. I think you'd be much better off with a healthy meal.

But as has been noted elsewhere in the forum, every person makes different choices according to what works for them. And it's technically within the "rules," if that's what you wanted to know.

Welcome back, and best wishes.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Sun May 18, 2008 11:41 pm

i agree about the 'real' food message...but slimfast is easy for me to use when i am super busy with my baby who is 6 months old, and like i said before, i am only having 2 shakes today because my body is 'recovering' from me being a glutton ALL week. Usually i will have 1 shake for breakfast, however if i so choose to eat a 'real' food breakfast it's not like i will tell myself 'no'.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sun May 18, 2008 11:44 pm

*waves*

Another fan of "real food" here.

KCCC is right, it's technically okay. I won't say I've never had a protein shake in lieu of a meal, but I try real, REAL hard to eat an honest to goodness meal a vast majority of the time.

LiterBiter10

Post by LiterBiter10 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Who am I to say what you should and shouldn't eat? That's the whole point of this, isn't it? That you get to eat what you want as long as it isn't an "S"? Personally, I chose to try this program because I actually get to EAT. To me, drinking a meal would make me feel deprived. I refuse to feel that anymore. Whatever works for you!

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Mon May 19, 2008 10:51 pm

I think you should do whatever works for you, but don't forget this plan is about habits and building good ones. Is drinking 2 meals a day the habit you are hoping to build? If so, great. But if not, then why not just do something that you can make a habit everyday. I find myself slipping back into that "gotta do something that works quick" mentality. That always burns you out. I think Slim Fast is a good default meal so you don't reach for something you know should be for an S day, but I think it would be best if you start doing what you plan to still be doing in 5 years from now.

I have only lost 5 pounds in 3 months but normally I would be looking at gaining and losing that same 5 pounds over and over in the course of the next year or so. But with No-S I should continue to slowly lose this weight and with any luck I will 15 pounds thinner in a year or so from when I started. So much better than starting at square one - AGAIN!

Excitement is great, but don't let yours lead you making this complicated. You will be glad you decided to go with the "do it right" way rather than the "do it fast" way.

Good luck!!!
Dawn

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Tue May 20, 2008 5:00 pm

I have been having the old thoughts again this week. Thinking I need to do something that works faster. But that puts me back into the whole ugly "diet distress mess" again. I don't want to do that. This works perfectly with my lifesyle and it is very do-able. We seem to be spending a lot of time disecting every aspect of this way of eating and justifying our decision to eat the No S way. We would probably be more productive if spent more time talking about recipies and meal planning.

Kathi

Post by Kathi » Wed May 21, 2008 2:33 am

I tried the SlimFast diet twice in the past six months. I found that a) one can didn't hold me until the next meal and b) my sugar cravings went through the roof. YMMV.

The main reason I tried SlimFast was similar to yours: I have three very young kids and NO time to prepare special diet meals for myself. It's a miracle if I even sit down once during a meal at my house. But the nice thing about No-S is that the meal can be composed of anything that fits on one plate (barring sweets), so you can make them as simple and portable as you want. Sandwiches, bagels, cheese sticks, grapes, etc., might work well and probably be far more filling.

Kathi

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Welcome back.

Remember to persevere with your N days. If you mess up and have a bite or two of a snack, fine, it's a red day, but stop yourself there (and don't binge becuase you figured you screwed it up, might as well have some more!) and get right back on wiht your plate at the next meal.

Even with many screw ups on my part, even week-long binges, I've lost and kept off (and need to lose more) 30lbs.

:)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18