Welcome Back!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bonnie

Welcome Back!!!

Post by Bonnie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:58 am

Thank you Deb and Reinhard,
Finally got in to the new site. Back to my user friendly No S Diet, too.
Bonnie

[edit by Justin: I split this from another thread. We can have a "welcome back!" thread where any old-timers or people coming back to the NoSDiet can drop it to give/receive encouragement.]
Rondelle

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:54 pm

Justin, just knock on my door if you need some one on one reining in. :wink:

Welcome back, Bonnie. We missed you.

Note to all you long lost lurkers out there: don't be shy about coming back, even if you haven't quite stuck with it and are a little embarrassed. It takes most people a few tries, there's nothing to be ashamed about. On the contrary: the bigger and more stubborn your problem, the more glory in persisting and overcoming it . And it's also generous. By posting here you give needed encouragement to all the others who also find it harder than they'd like.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:47 am

Long live the alliance!!!!!!!
Glad you found your way back to us Bonneroo!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:12 pm

hello No Essers
Back again and happy. Have had a scare with a blocked artery, but am back to normal again. I did not realize my cholesterol was high, nor did I realize anything was wrong until "the pain". If ever any of you get a tightness in the chest, or pain and it goes down your arm, chew and asperin and have someone get you to Emergency ASAP. I went to my Dr first and had an EKG and told my heart was fine! Well the next day- could not stand the on again off again pains, so my husband took me to Emergency, and there they found an artery was blocked 95%. Still two more blockages are there but the medicine and low fat diet should help.
They also said low sugar and salt.....other SSSSS's.
Bonbie
Rondelle

Kevin

trans fats

Post by Kevin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:20 pm

Welcome back!

As a member of the middle-age club, I've been paying attention to the recent uproar about hydrogenated (a.k.a. trans) fats. If you haven't already, you might want to read up on them.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:23 pm

Hi Bonnie.

That sounds really scary. I'm glad you are okay. Keep us posted on your progress.

Dru

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:16 am

Bonnie Rocks!!!
And she has a really cute musician son who is just my age and also a huge Deadhead!!! Jerry!!!!!
It's almost like Bonnie could be my MIL!!! LOL... (except I've never actually met her son and he already has a girlfriend!) LOL... :lol:
Love you Bonneroo.. Too bad you live so far away, or I'd be coming over for dinner with you! At least you have the board eh?
So glad you are with NOS again.. Now if I could convince Jools to start posting again.. I miss her too...
And what about Lee????
My GF's....
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:35 am

Bonnie, I'm glad you're back and are doing well. Heart disease is scary stuff! Though you certainly prove that it's never too late to start living a healthier life. You are an inspiration to us all. :)

I'm no doctor, but I did find a dramatic improvement in my cholesterol levels after No-S-ing and losing some weight. I've read that weight has more of an effect on cholesterol levels than does cholesterol in foods.