I've Failed....Suggestions Please

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Meikmeika

I've Failed....Suggestions Please

Post by Meikmeika » Fri May 23, 2008 9:32 pm

Hello Everyone,

I started NoSing about a month or more ago and did amazingly, up until last Friday. My company made me aware that due to downsizing I would be laid off and only have a couple more weeks to work....sigh...

I don't want to eat my anxiety and grief away, cause I know it won't happen. But I don't know how to get back on track. I honestly feel I've gained back the 4lbs I lost these last 7 days.

Questions:
Should I make Sat & Sun 'N' days since I've been eating so outrageously lately?

I just want to get back on track....

Any suggestions????

Thanks,
Meikmeika

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri May 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Yep.

RESTART RIGHT NOW.

Even if you've snacked all day. Have dinner tonight, have a glass of wine with it if that's what you do, and then don't eat until tomorrow morning, the S day.

Seriously.... I kid you not. It'll get you back into the swing of things. The past is gone, you can only choose what you're going to do from this second forward.

No beatin' yourself up. Yep, you blew it for a few days. But you don't have to blow it for one second longer.

(If you take a look at my own HabitCal, I do sometimes fail. Matter of fact, you've inspired me to Shovelglove before I go to bed tonight. I don't have to choose to fail in the future, no matter what I chose in the past, either).

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri May 23, 2008 11:10 pm

What Noel said. (I could save myself SO many keystrokes with a macro for that phrase.)

Just start again. Now. And do NOT punish yourself by giving up your S-days. (See Reinhard's podcast on "strictness" for all the good reasons.)

Slips-ups are inevitable. What matters is how you handle them.

(And I am so sorry about your employment. That's rough.)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 24, 2008 12:38 am

Ditto ditto ditto,

RESTARTING RIGHT NOW as Noel said is the most loving thing you can do for yourself.

You just received some really horrible rotten news!!!!!!!!!!

Take action. Restart No S. Make a list of whatever you need to make a list of :D to help you focus on whatever you need to focus on. There is grace in the universe. Apparently, there is also some other better place for you to be right now ... you just need to do whatever you need to do to find it!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CrazyCatLady

Re: I've Failed....Suggestions Please

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 24, 2008 3:53 am

Meikmeika wrote:
Questions:
Should I make Sat & Sun 'N' days since I've been eating so outrageously lately?
I'm very sorry about the job situation! My husband was jobless for over a year, with occasional temp work only. It is definitely very stressful!

Do get back to No S. Just start now, as the others have said. That means the rest of Friday is an N day, and Saturday and Sunday are S days. And, Monday is Memorial Day, so that is a holiday which is another S day. Don't fall into the trap of "punishing" yourself for slipping. Slipping happens to us all sometimes. But if you over-restrict to compensate, you will end up failing later. Just make it through tonight as much as you can. Then tomorrow morning....it is an S day!

Maybe you can re-read the main board (or the book) where Reinhard talks about S days gone wild. Don't worry...try to eat your three meals, and allow your self some S-es...sometimes. Remember that you cannot fail on S days, so just relax and let yourself enjoy. Try not to eat things because they are there, but because they are delicious and you will enjoy them!

I love No S! Each day is fresh and new, so even if you have five red days in a row, you can just start again!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Noel said it best. You cannot undo the past, learn from it and move on, will be praying for you that you find another job.
God Bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Sat May 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Besides what everyone else has already said, remember you will be job hunting soon and need to feel confident. Getting back on the S wagon right away will give you confidence. Honey if you can get through this, you can get through just about anything.

Good luck to you with work and with S.
Dawn

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Dawn wrote:Besides what everyone else has already said, remember you will be job hunting soon and need to feel confident. Getting back on the S wagon right away will give you confidence. Honey if you can get through this, you can get through just about anything.

Good luck to you with work and with S.
Excellent advice Dawn. God BLess.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Jessies Daughter

You Can Do It

Post by Jessies Daughter » Sat May 24, 2008 9:05 pm

MiekMieka,

The beauty of this No S Thingy, I call it a Thingy because I have never been on a successful DIET, is that you can CHOOSE to start anew anytime you find that you have not kept any one of the three No S rules.

"EVEN IF I HAVE A SNACK, I CAN START AGAIN TOMORROW. EVEN IF I HAVE A SWEET, I CAN START AGAIN TOMORROW, EVEN IF I HAVE A SECOND, I CAN START AGAIN TOMORROW. EVEN IF I HAVE ALL THREE, I CAN START AGAIN TOMORROW."

The key is stringing enough tomorrows together in a row to make this "Thingy" a HABIT.

You can do it girl... Get back up on those skates an go for it agian!!!
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Sun May 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks Everyone!!!

I will get back on track. I do need to fit into my interview suits right??!! LOL!!!

You guys are AWESOME!!!!

Meikmeika

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Fri May 30, 2008 11:42 pm

Just to let everyone know...I got back on track on this week!!! YAY!!! As stressful as this time in my life is I don't want to add something else that will cause more depression, like gaining more weight.

Thanks Everyone For Your Support!!!!

Meikmeika

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat May 31, 2008 12:43 am

Good for you!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 31, 2008 1:36 am

Meika meika,

THAT IS GREAT!!!!!!!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jessies Daughter

Post by Jessies Daughter » Sat May 31, 2008 2:07 pm

Meikmeika

Thats Great!!! I am so happy for you. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 31, 2008 3:45 pm

That is just wonderful! I am impressed! Woot Woot!