Observation

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JillyBean

Observation

Post by JillyBean » Mon May 26, 2008 11:58 am

So now that I have a few s-days behind me I have begun to notice a pattern. Right from the start I didn't have a problem with seconds, so nothing new there. As for snacks, when I first started (and I'm talking about n-days and s-days here) I didn't think I had a problem with snacking, but after a couple days realized I actually did because I would be really hungry by the next meal and wishing I could eat early. But, I have not snacked on an n-day since I began, and snacking now on s-days amounts to maybe having a few chips or crackers as I'm preparing lunch or dinner. Not a big deal...

Sweets are definitely my thing. I still love them and once I have one, I do want more. The amazing thing now though is that I naturally am able to limit it to one. So, over the course of this weekend for sweets/snacks I had: one small piece of fudge, one Klondike bar, one ice cream sandwich, and too much popcorn Saturday night. I keep thinking I must have forgotten something; but, no, that is it.

I have not binged once since starting this food plan! :!:
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Mon May 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Wonderful, Jill! That is just awesome! Image

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 27, 2008 1:39 am

I have not binged once since starting this food plan!
JillyBean,

me either and since I considered myself to have a major BED Binge Eating Disorder, this is truly a miracle!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Yay, Blueskighs! Good for you, too!

Jessies Daughter

Re: Observation

Post by Jessies Daughter » Wed May 28, 2008 12:26 am

JillyBean wrote:But, I have not snacked on an n-day since I began, and snacking now on s-days amounts to maybe having a few chips or crackers as I'm preparing lunch or dinner. Not a big deal...

I have not binged once since starting this food plan! :!: [/b][/size]
Way to go JillyBean!!

SNACKING was my problem but I too have not snacked on a ND day since I started. My S day snacks are getting to be healthier or as yousaid jsut small amounts of somthing I have a craving for.

Keep up the good work!
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed May 28, 2008 1:55 am

:)

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 pm

Yay Jilly -- I stopped myself in the middle of a binge but that was it!

Way to go! :P

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Thu May 29, 2008 2:37 am

I binged after Easter when I unwisely thought I could buy Easter candy on sale after the holiday, and it would last and last for me. I went through the jelly beans almost as quick as I did before No S. That taught me to respect the limits to No S. That it was not a fast ticket out of over indulgence, simply some parameters.

No S has made an amazing change in me, though. I have chocolate chip cookies in the freezer, waiting for the kids to want them. There is a Dove chocolate in the candy jar at work, and while I would love to have it, I won't. This NEVER happened before. I could occasionally put off gratification, but I knew that in time...usually within a day or two, that sugar was going into my mouth.

I'm sure that I will over indulge again. I'm not certain that I can say that I won't binge again at some point. But so long as I remain mindful of No S, I will no longer live my life feeling so out of control about food. I will no longer be sneaky or shameful about food.

I love No S! :D

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu May 29, 2008 9:45 pm

CrazyCatLady wrote:I binged after Easter when I unwisely thought I could buy Easter candy on sale after the holiday, and it would last and last for me. I went through the jelly beans almost as quick as I did before No S. That taught me to respect the limits to No S. That it was not a fast ticket out of over indulgence, simply some parameters.

No S has made an amazing change in me, though. I have chocolate chip cookies in the freezer, waiting for the kids to want them. There is a Dove chocolate in the candy jar at work, and while I would love to have it, I won't. This NEVER happened before. I could occasionally put off gratification, but I knew that in time...usually within a day or two, that sugar was going into my mouth.

I'm sure that I will over indulge again. I'm not certain that I can say that I won't binge again at some point. But so long as I remain mindful of No S, I will no longer live my life feeling so out of control about food. I will no longer be sneaky or shameful about food.

Good for you! I kept a World's Finest in my desk for over 2 weeks, that would have never happened before NO S and when I had it I shared it with one of the girls that work for me, that would never have happened before either!!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 pm

I think this plan helps you focus on what your real problem areas are. I narrowed down the biggest culprits for me. Late night sweets, the 3pm munchies and picking while cooking dinner. The one that I though would be the hardest to kick has ended up being the easiest. I mean the late night sweet craving still haunts me but it's nothing that I can't brush off. Pretty much the same with 3PM munchie attack. The urge to over do it while "tasting" as I cook dinner is still a minor problem. I don't believe that it has done any damage, but at the same time I continue to work on cutting it down to the necessary tasting you have to do to make sure things taste right and have enough seasoning. I rarely use a recipe, it's all taste as you go, but sometimes I get a bit carried away.

Besides a few pretty crazy S days, I have not binged at all either.

And Jillybean, love the new name, it suits you better than Just Jill. You are way too awesome to be "just" anything!
Dawn

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 am

CrazyCatLady wrote: I'm not certain that I can say that I won't binge again at some point. But so long as I remain mindful of No S, I will no longer live my life feeling so out of control about food. I will no longer be sneaky or shameful about food.

AMEN! :)
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen