My Body Thinks I Lost My Mind!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jessies Daughter

My Body Thinks I Lost My Mind!!

Post by Jessies Daughter » Sat May 31, 2008 3:10 am

I was running very late this morning soooo, I thought I would stop at Bojangles and get a smoked sausage biscuit. Welllll, they have stopped serving smoked sausage biscuits so, I ordered, what I thought would be a reasonable compromise instead, a steak biscuit. BIG, BIGMISTAKE!!!

An overcooked biscuit with a chemically altered substance that is supposed to mimic butter, with a processed piece of something that used to be a cow WILL NOT cut it for breakfast.

I took one bite and the Body went into attack mode. After 21 plus days of healthy breakfasts, the Taste Buds joined the Stomach to rebel and revolt, The Brain thought I had lost my mind!

My Body called an emergency meeting to determine if I would be allowed to use its Organs to eat, taste and digest real food ever again. The Stomach called for a strike and the Brain threatened to refuse to notify me of further hunger if I ever set foot in ANY establishments that serves sandwiches in paper wrappings ever again.

Healthier eating habits have allowed my Body to become very picky about what it choses to allow me to eat so , to put it bluntly, the Body was ticked off at me. In order to calm the Body down, I had to listen to the Brain and do some healthy breakfast grocery shopping.

I coaxed some spinach, baby portabella mushrooms, feta cheese, asparagus and a carton of egg whites into my cart. I have invited them for breakfast tomorrow morning.

The brain has demanded that I plan better as to not allow a situation such as this to occur again. So, I rose to the occasion and talked some Ezekiel Cereal, dried cherries, strawberries and yogurt to join us in the cart.

(My dislike for the liquid that comes from cows that is meant to nourish baby cows, has kept me from enjoying cereal. I can do yogurt. Yogurt and cereal will allow me to have a healthy breakfast, even when I am running late.

I think I have learned my lesson. No Sing means that I have to plan for healthy meals. My body does NOT like most of the foods it once did so I have to change the way shop for food and stock my pantry.

The brain just let me know it was time to eat dinner. I have been given a reprieve!!
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Sat May 31, 2008 7:23 am

I LOVED this post. You really have a way with words :lol: It seems a few people around here have been getting a little irritable, so it's nice to read a positive post written by someone with a sense of humor. Congratulations on the healthy meals (still a challenge for me), can I join you for breakfast :wink:

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sat May 31, 2008 10:48 am

Jessies Daughter:

Can I come to your house for breakfast when you have the eggs, mushrooms, feta and asparagus? That sounds yummy!! (My body would be happy too!) I could bring some homemade raisin bran muffins and some sliced oranges. We'd be set!

And now I have to go fix breakfast for hubby and I before we head off to the convention for the day...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat May 31, 2008 12:08 pm

You crack me up!

It's true. My stomach is awfully particular these days as well.
Brain and GI tract agree as well!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat May 31, 2008 2:38 pm

Jessies Daughter;

Good Post. True, while clever and charming.

BTW, Although I'm no vegan, and I love and frequently use Splenda,
I'm also not a "cow milk person",
However, I absolutely love unsweetened Almond Milk from Blue Diamond
on my Fiber One Bran Cereal. (and only 20 calories per 1/2 cup)
I don't even add Splenda to it.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 31, 2008 3:56 pm

Oh, this post breaks my heart!

Seriously...I just had eggs with fresh mushrooms in them this week...and I had leftover asparagus (from the patch in my yard). I never CONSIDERED putting the asparagus in with the eggs and mushrooms! :cry:

Note to self...buy more eggs and fresh mushrooms, quick, before the asparagus patch quits producing! :lol:

And while I haven't given up all foods that come from restaurants wrapped in paper...I'm finding that my palate is changing, too. I used to love to upgrade my eggs with cheese, and now it just doesn't seem desirable most of the time. Mushrooms, green chiles, and now even asparagus sounds better!

Laff

Post by Laff » Sat May 31, 2008 5:10 pm

I enjoyed your post. Isn't it wonderful to be able to say no to food. Many times I have eaten it just beacuse it is there or I paid for it. No more, it has to be worthy of taking up room on my plate!!
I read somewhere that laughing helps you lose weight, thanks for my first laugh of the day.

Keep smiling. Laff :D
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

noSer

Post by noSer » Sat May 31, 2008 6:04 pm

Jessies Daughter -

I don't share your distaste for cow's milk, but in a previous attempt to lose weight I started using 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soymilk on my cereal. Now it is my preference. Like Bright Angel, I don't even use sweetener with it, and that's on oatmeal. I do add dried blueberries. It has 60 calories per cup, so a calorie bargain! Plus, it lasts a long time, so don't have to worry about it going bad.

Loved your post. It was very cute :)

Have a great day!
It's more of a waste around the waist than it is in the garbage pail.
Beginning again 04/19
April 2019: 242 :(
July 29, 2019 218.5
Aug 5, 2019 220.5
Oct 28, 2019 205.5
Nov 11, 2019 203

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:47 am

Jessies Daughter,

wonderful post and sounds like your body is pretty smart!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:33 pm

great post! LOL~ very creative, and well said 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Great, fun, but so true! Thanks for sharing your brain body takeover message.

My stomach/body are starting to feel the same way too....but my brain hasn't consistantly caught up with the idea yet. But it's getting better.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:50 pm

Fantastic post! :)

As a fellow non-milk drinker, here's what I prefer as a breakfast alternative to milk:

unsweetened soya milk - goes with everything I find, cereal, tea, coffee

Homemade almond milk - goes with all cereals, good in coffee too, especially when freshly made and frothy from the blender.

Homemade cashew milk - as with almond milk, but tastes a bit sweeter.

Homemade hemp seed milk - great for muesli or cornflakes, very easy to make if you have hulled hemp seeds (just put some in a blender with some water) - good source of omega oils too.

If you don't have much in the cupboard and haven't prepared ahead, plain water is ok for oats, and bran cereals like allbran can be mixed with hot water and left to stand for a bit until they go mushy, good with cinnamon, nuts and raisins :)

I posted about my nut / seed milk experiments a while back on the off-topic board here: http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2415 - but have yet to try the peanut milk recommendation!