Daily Check In Forum

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

Daily Check In Forum

Post by reinhard » Tue May 17, 2005 4:32 pm

I created a new daily check in forum. Click on the main board page to see it listed. It's an experiment. It seems like it could be useful. Sign up if you agree, or give me feedback here if you emphatically don't. I'll provide a running example just to give people an idea. If it turns out that people like it a lot, I'll add something similar to shovelglove and urbanranger.

The last thing I want to do is confuse people or discourage them from posting here. Anything nosdiet related, including checkins (daily or otherwise) is and will continue to be welcome here in "general discussion."

ruthosborn

Post by ruthosborn » Tue May 17, 2005 11:01 pm

I think a daily check-in thread would be great, but I didn't get the part about signing up.

Re: No S. Last night my daughter, 13, and I had an impromptu dinner with another mom and her daughter (celebrating that the girls made their junior lifeguard trial swim—100 yards in 1 min., 55 secs.). Dessert time came and I declined. And it was so easy. It's such a head game, I just thought, umm, that will taste good on Saturday, and that was it. Deferral is so much more palatable than utter denial. So, here I am on day 2 of second week, feeling a little hungry, but nothing major.

One thing I have noticed is on Monday, I seem a lot hungrier. I wonder if its a psychological aftermath of an "S" day.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Hi Ruth,

If you go to the main board page here:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/

You'll see a forum called "daily check-ins." Read the little blurb there and click on it.

I've provided a sample and a bunch of people have started up. All you have to do is start a topic called "Ruth's Daily Check-In" or something and post to it daily. Besides giving a helpful sense of accountability, it could also be good as a diagnostic. If you run into trouble you can say, "look, here's what I've been doing" and it's all in one place.

Reinhard