i lost 8lbs (so far)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

emb

i lost 8lbs (so far)

Post by emb » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:18 pm

HI,

I've been following the No S Diet for about 2 and a half months now (i think - i didn't mark the calendar when I started) and have lost 8lbs. My goal is to lose another 15. Its slow going, but well worth it. I exersice regularly as well, which is just as important as the diet. I don't really like to call it a diet since its something I plan on doing for the rest of my life. Anyways, its totally changed the way i shop (no more having to decide what kind of snacks to eat at work!) and my meals. I found the first couple of weeks I was kind of frantic at meal times, trying to fill myself up to tide me over to the next meal, but now just a regular portion is fine. I also find it has given me more control over what i am eating! No more sugar cravings and I find when I get over the sugar addiction, I don't crave any sort of junk food anymore. So anyone out there who is deciding whether to try this diet, I encourage you to do it.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:29 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss!

I experienced that initial frantic "fill-up-the-plate" too, but after a couple of weeks, that really calmed down.

I think No-S is a wonderful structure.

Ariel King

Post by Ariel King » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:23 pm

Way to go emb!!!!! :D :D Glad NoS is working so well for you and thanks for the inspiration/success story.

Kevin

Way to go

Post by Kevin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:23 pm

Way to go, EMB. I'm a little over three months in and down about 16 pounds. I don't even miss the way I used to eat anymore.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:36 am

Great work EMB!!!!
You are right in the healthy rate of loss zone... The recommended weight loss in any plan is usually one pound a week...
I am happy to hear you are really transforming yourself and your cravings are dissappearing!!!!!
Awesome!
Peace,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:30 pm

Congratulations, emb, and thanks for posting this. Sorry I missed it in the chaos between vacations until now.

Just as alcoholics don't really enjoy alcohol -- and there is much to enjoy --, I think you'll find sugar has never tasted so good as when you eat it of your own free will.