Who eats only 3 meals?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

littlebitcountry

Who eats only 3 meals?

Post by littlebitcountry » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:33 am

Hi, thanks SO much for this site and your willingness to share your awesome knowledge, I appreciate it so much! I am just starting and just want to know if most people are sticking to 3 meals? I feel SO good when I just eat 3 meals a day...but it is so rare to do that nowadays just wondering how many of you are doing just 3 meals with NO S...I am assuming that that is what is recommended? Thanks again!

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 am

I do.
I think traditionally 3 meals is the way to go most of the time and 4 for kids and maybe teens; I grew up with 4 meals a day and then switched to 3 as an adult.
Good luck on your No S journey!

Mighty Moose

Post by Mighty Moose » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:59 pm

I am also a three meal a day person...Though upon occasion I do forget to eat and will have only 2 meals a day.
The clown dances in a fire of delight. All for the sake of the mystery nut.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I have a 3 meal pattern,
but to date, I have been unable to establish any kind of no-snacking Habit.
Since I enjoy counting calories using my computer software program,
. . . which has become a pleasurable Habit for me. . . .
for right now, I've given up trying to eliminate snacking.

I have, however, been very successful with establishing a Shovelglove Habit,
and I have been successful at keeping my weight inside my maintenance range.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Reineres

Post by Reineres » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Three meals a day for me has been the key in my success with this plan. I was raised on three meals a day but it was when I left home sometime in the med 70s that this pattern changed. It was either one or two meals a day with lots of snacking which I think for me added in calories totaling possiblty 3 or 4 meals a day. By having three meals a day I realize I don't have the desire to snack. I realize during the first few weeks on this plan I wasn't a real snacker. I did it because I didn't have breakfast or not having lunch or both were not adequate. When it came time for dinner I usually ate much to much. Snacking for me was at times due to stress, anxious, lonely, bored, angry, which also for me caused me to over eat. Which food will not solve these feelings, but discipline and habit. I put the truth to the lie when I'm against these emotions.
Rinehard I want to thank you again. My weight when I started was 202lbs, three weeks ago I was at 187lbs.

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm a fan of the three meals. I hate figuring out what to eat, planning meals etc. and when i counted calories, the day was all about these little decisions 'if i have that, i can't have this, but which do i want more'

since No-s, I like to think of my day as only 3 decisions to make - other than that, the answer is no - don't eat it. i think about my week as only 15 decisions! and it really helps me on friday to get to saturday reminding myself i only have 3 more decisions to make about food.

this has been a helpful process for me.
hope it helps
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!

littlebitcountry

Post by littlebitcountry » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Thank you for your replies! I agree that it is SO much easier to only have to make 3 decisions during the day and I feel SO much better all around when I only have 3 meals, I am so glad to find a way of life that agrees with 3 meals a day...I was always so stressed thinking that the only way I wouldn't ruin my metabolism is if I ate 5 to 6 times a day!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:50 pm

I think 3 is the best place to start, and that for most people, it will be stay sufficient. It's not TOO hard (as 2 meals might be), and limits the potential for excess to sneak in. Plus it's got the weight of tradition behind it. Don't worry about this metabolism pseudo-science -- three meals is plenty by world historical standards. People eat more frequently these days than they ever did before and the results speak for themselves.

Reinhard

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:04 pm

My family eats 3 meals a day and am so glad for it. It is the way I was raised and it only changed 20 yrs ago when the snacking is healthy buzz started. I was living in Southern CA and healthy was the thing to be.

Best thing about nos for me is the extra time and $$ from not planning these snacks.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

littlebitcountry

Post by littlebitcountry » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:49 am

Thank you for the reply Reinhard! Thank you so much for sharing your way of life with all of us!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:56 pm

I eat 3 meals a day and I feel much better because of it.
I used to eat all day long!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:13 pm

I am just starting and just want to know if most people are sticking to 3 meals?
littlebitcountry,

definitely sticking to 3 meals on my N days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey