O.K., I Get it!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

denisems

O.K., I Get it!

Post by denisems » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:39 pm

Well, I just finished my two S days where I can enjoy all my other S's. When everyone was mentioning in their posts that first week that by the weekends you find yourself not eating as much as you think you would I thought, "yeah right." What a load of sugar! O.K., I Get It Now! The only sugar I had all weekend was an ice cream bar with my kids (Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake) and I savored it and enjoyed it. But it wasn't great! The great part was hanging out with my kids at The Corner Store. And Saturday night I snacked. I snacked on leftover brown rice from my dinner and some beef jerky. I have to tell you, it didn't taste that great and my stomach felt way overcrowded. My sleep wasn't as sound either. So to all you folks I doubted, I doubt you no longer. By the way, it's Tuesday and I am doing just fine. I had three good meals yesterday, and today I feel great. Amazing! Cheers, Denise :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
"Loosen up! Have some fun! Yes, sleep when you feel like it...Eat food that is bad for you--at least once in a while...Make love in a hammock! Life is the ultimate experience..."
--English Professor in "The Sure Thing"

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:27 pm

See!!! We really weren't
"Sugaring" you!!!!

Love,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:27 am

Wow, I'm impressed. I have to confess my first S week end was a little overboard. Kind of that last supper eating of diets gone by. But by the time the second week end rolled around, I did as Reinhard suggested, and looked at my treats as REWARDS for being so good all week and not a full on binge to stoke up til the next week end. And my week-ends have basically consisted of a piece of cake or a donut on Saturday and Sunday with a meal.
And it's enough!

It also helps knowing I will still have lots of tasty, good food at my fingertips come Monday....just because it isn't white flour and white sugar heavy, doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable. Amazing the delicious stuff we can find that is actually reasonably good for us!

Peetie

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:52 am

It is so true.
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:41 pm

Hi Denise.

You have made some good points. I have been doing No Since since the beginning of June and have found that on my S days I have become more selective about my indulgences. The old stand-bys just don't taste as good. I have had a few S days where I tried to binge but even that didn't work. It is a very interesting process and if you pay attention to your body and your mind and your tastebuds you will probably find that using food doesn't work anymore. Quite frankly I am shocked that this has happened in only 3 months but it has. The sugar cravings have gone away and since I eat almost anything I want my body is craving healthier foods. (I say "almost" because I'm allergic to shellfish and try to avoid foods that are blatently unhealthy ie. fast foods). I look forward to Mondays now too because it feels good to cultivate habits that are positive and that I can use for a lifetime.

Keep posting about your journey too.

Dru

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:55 pm

Congratulations, Denise. I'm a big "Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake" fan, too. The flavor chemists really hit it on the nail with that one -- and the nostalgia value.

Here's an interesting faq from the manufacturer:

http://www.icecreamusa.com/faq/

Including:
Q: How much ice cream do we eat a year?

A: The average American eats around 45 pints (5.63 gallons) of ice cream a year, more than any other nationality.
Wow. And we wonder why we're fat.

Scroll down for good humor specific questions.