Freestyle Fridays

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
reinhard
Site Admin

Freestyle Fridays

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:02 pm

I shovelglove every weekday, so by Friday I'm pretty beat.

I've found it's easier to motivate on days like this by jumping into freestyle shovelglove straight away, rather than going with an established routine. Besides the fun of it, I trick the excuse mechanism into thinking that by bypassing the usual order, I can quit before the 14 minutes are over. It thinks it's getting some kind of concession and relaxes. But the hard part is starting, once I start, I never stop. Excuse is powerless after the first swing of the hammer.

Your tough days might be different, they may not be predictable, but they'll happen. Keep the motivational power of starting with freestyle in mind and give it a try.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:32 pm

How'd freestyle go today? :wink:
To me this feels somewhat like a shovelglove "F" day... a sub type of S day... distinguished by the lack of rest, but the increase in relaxation!
Ha hah!

Love,
8) Deb
LONG LIVE THE PACT!