Newbie one-week in excitement!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Several fun things I'm noticing:

I enjoy my meals more now. Everything tastes better (maybe because I'm not munching all day long and because I'm actually hungry when I eat?!).

I really like S days, LOL! But knowing that they are coming makes me willing to put off stuff on non-S days. And...I didn't rush out and buy that bag of M&M's I thought I was going to either, LOL! I REALLY enjoyed a cup of hot cocoa on my first S day. Had seconds on pizza one day. But I was ok with not rushing out for sweets. The real test will come tomorrow night for me when our small group starts back up though (I'm doing one S day on Tuesdays since that's good food I really look forward to!). Hoping not to be an idiot though, LOL!

Best of all...I lost 2 lbs! Now, I had lost 2 lbs. the previous week doing T-tapp and cutting my normal lunch in half--this week I ate more normal lunches, still did T-tapp--but I know from history of starting & stopping T-tapp that I don't normally lose much weight (and not 2-weeks in a row!) with it (I lose inches/clothing sizes but not much weight!). So I really think the No-S was the difference this time.

Well, I shouldn't say that's "best of all." Maybe best of all is that I'm learning some new habits, and I'm hoping they can become life-long habits so that I don't get bored or just give up at some point & then gain back all I've lost--but that I keep up with it and maintain, and am healthier. So, here's hoping that 6 months and a year from now, I'm still focusing on HABITS and seeing that as success, however my body decides to respond.

Thanks for letting me ramble! Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Phineas

Post by Phineas » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi Merry,

It's encouraging to hear about your first week. I am officially at the one week mark myself and have noticed similar things. As much freedom as I felt when the S days arrived, I found myself not dwelling on food as much, or running off to grab the first piece of junk food I could get my paws on.

Congrats on your week of success and your bit of weight loss!
5'8" Male

SW: 225 9/4/08
CW: 170 4/21/09
Goal 1: 195 (BMI 29 ie not obese) - ACHIEVED
Goal 2: 160 (BMI 24 ie not overweight)

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Great job Merry!! Those are just the positive experiences I'm excited to have! You'll have to let us know how tomorrow night goes. I have a feeling it will go just fine!
Jenny

Silky

Post by Silky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:38 pm

Congrats Merry on your first (and successful) week! I too am starting week 2; haven't jumped on the scale, thought I'd just stick to the program and perhaps weigh in right before we leave on vacation 10/10.

Today was a biggie for me....last week (my 1st week) my supervisor was away on vacation. Normally, she has an overflowing candy dish on her desk loaded with my favorite sweet - mini Reese's cups. The dish was empty during her absence; and my 1st week on No S. Today she returned and the candy dish was again overflowing....I resisted all day. While I did have a smidgen of birthday cake at the office's monthly b'day celebration late this afternoon, I don't feel horrid about that. I marked my HabitCal accordingly and moved on.

I feel I have the strength to resist Reese's! For me, that is major. Best wishes on your No S journey!

Silky
Life is no dress rehearsal...live it!

Merry

Post by Merry » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:14 am

Silky wrote:I feel I have the strength to resist Reese's! For me, that is major.
That's an empowering feeling, so cool!

Merry :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:33 pm

It's great that you're doing so well, Merry.
Silky wrote:I feel I have the strength to resist Reese's! For me, that is major.
You will probably find that this gets easier over time. At my work, there are sweet desserts available at lunchtime, but I am now so used to the idea that I don't eat them on N days that I never even notice them.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:46 am

Merry,

No S is very exciting!
my favorite sweet - mini Reese's cups.
Silky,
I have ENJOYED MANY mini peanut butter cups on my S Days!!!!!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey