Howdy from Sunny SA

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MerryKat

Howdy from Sunny SA

Post by MerryKat » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:58 pm

Hi All

First off – Thank you Reinhard for consolidating such simple and sensible rules for life - and finally giving us an easy way to loose the excess padding.

I have done Weight Watchers (and the variation Wendie Plan) for about 7 years. I have loved them and done very well thanks to WP, but I am tired of counting points, journaling and generally being obsessed with food. Thanks to WP I lost around 30kg (66lb) after my first child and kept it off in conjunction with the 8 Minutes in the Morning exercise plan (definitely not the food plan!) and the exercises from The Hacker’s Diet. I have since had a second child (6.5 year gap!) and I am really battling to get motivated to follow Weight Watchers of any type. For the last couple of months I have been trying to follow WW with no snacking – with mixed success due to the boredom with journaling. Via a number of other sites I found a mention of the No S Diet and I was curious. And thank heavens for curiosity because I found this fantastic site and plan.

I am not looking for a quick fix, just a plan that I can imagine following for life which will work and not restrict me – I love the delayed treats, it makes them so much better and I think twice before buying a treat so that I really get what I want.

I am a 32 year old happily married mother of 2 gorgeous boys living in the amazing country of South Africa who works full day as a secretary.

I started No S two weeks ago at 75kg (165lb) – I am around 1.60m (5.2) – and I have lost 1.6kg (3.52lb) in the last two weeks. I am currently at 73.4kg (161.48lb) and I would like to get to around 60kg (132lb) – wherever my body settles comfortably on No S. This means I have 13.4kg (29.48lb) to go – and I look forward to every minute.

I will probably not chat much as I access the internet from work, but I will definitely be around.

Have a super Monday.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

peetie

Post by peetie » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:21 pm

Welcome, Merrykat! I share your feelings about WW and how it tends to make your whole world food...planning it, preparing it, counting it etc. And that's the last thing we foodies need!!! It tends to exacerbate our obsession.

That's part of the beauty of this program (and there are MANY parts!), and that is, once you get the principles down, you don't have to spend much time at all thinking about it. You are free to live your life instead of count points!

Peetie

MerryKat

Thanks

Post by MerryKat » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:38 am

Hi Peetie and thanks for the welcome.

I maybe one of the lucky ones, but I am finding the change to this way of eating VERY easy - it is as if this is what my body has been waiting for me to do all a long. I love the fact that if I fancy something I know I can have it in a maximum of 5 days time (usually less) and I am really enjoying my S days, but I don't feel the need to binge. I pick the treats I fancy and that is what I have.

I did this for two weeks before posting as I am one of those people who is very gungho about a new plan only for it to usually fall apart by the end of week 2, but with this I am just living my life and all the stress and obsession has gone!! Thanks Reinhard.

Have a stunning Tuesday
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:43 pm

Hi Merrykat!
That's great news! Yeah... This is a plan that, in stark contrast to most plans, gets better with time... You will really really appreciate it also, when you have weird food items in mind for some meal or maybe ones which traditionally, are considered "fattening", and you will one day find yourself craving it.... Well, go and have it!!!!! As long as it's not an ice cream sandwich!
And yes, it isn't ever too hard to wait for a treat for a few days...
It's great discipline, and in the end, makes the treat days, really special!!!
Good work so far...
Glad it's easy... Reinhard really "debugged" the whole plan before putting it out there for us... We just have to follow it... And since it really becomes, for the most part habit, it's so easy after you get used to it...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:52 pm

Welcome, MerryKat from sunny South Africa. I'm happy you're finding it easy from the get go -- it only gets easier.

Pop in now and then to let us know how you're doing. "Still at it" might not seem like exciting news, but in the field of diet, it is the most exciting news, and it only gets more exciting as the months and years roll by.

The treat delay is one of my favorite things about the diet, too. It makes them taste so much better. But I'd never be able to manage it without clear, strict rules.