Let's get along....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

Let's get along....

Post by doulachic » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:17 am

Ok, so obviously we each have different things that work for us as far as our dietary habits go. What works (or doesn't work) for me, may not necessarily be someone elses cup of tea.

So let's not fight!!! I've seen too many other boards go under because people can't discuss things without arguement. We don't want that to happen here, so i say to each his own. If you are doing a particular diet, and it works for you while incorporating no-s...then great! we are all different and we need to respect those differences in regards to the way we treat each other. K? Not that we shouldn't discuss things, but let's not get nasty and rude. there's too much of that in the world as it is. :cry:

Ok, i hope i didn't overstep my boundaries here. :D I just really hate confrontation...
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

peetie

let's get along

Post by peetie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:21 am

lI have no problem with confrontation when necessary, but I do have a problem with people being rude. Just because somebody doesn't agree doesn't mean they don't want a "reasonable conversation". That is downright
condescending. And nasty. And sarcastic.

Have a nice day!

peetie

Justin

Post by Justin » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:52 am

How about a simple rule... if you're upset by what someone posts, you have to wait until the next S-day to post a reply. If it's already an S-day, you must wait until the following one! With any luck, the frustration of the moment will pass and you might think of a kinder response.

J

snazzybabe

Re: let's get along

Post by snazzybabe » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:07 am

peetie wrote:lI have no problem with confrontation when necessary, but I do have a problem with people being rude. Just because somebody doesn't agree doesn't mean they don't want a "reasonable conversation". That is downright
condescending. And nasty. And sarcastic.

Have a nice day!

peetie
People can disagree but without the nastiness. As I said in the other post what started it was the comment about arsenic sandwiches and then Deb saying what's worrisome wasthat I was telling people what to eat when I was just giving my opinion. It upset me, because I thought the arsenic sandwiches was a sarcastic comment and Deb fully supported it.
So, sorry if I offended anyone that was not my intention.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:57 pm

Justin is so cute and smart!!!!
I am in love!!!
(just kidding Justin!!!)
Great system! You are like the King Solomon of NOS!

Have a nice day friends :lol:
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:50 pm

Move over, Deb. I think Justin is cute and smart too! And you ain't so bad yourself!

Peetie

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:20 pm

Snazz,

The thread in question was started by me, and I used loaded terminolgy and spoke disparagingly of a diet you are a big believer in. I can understand how that might have gotten your back up, and I appologize if it offended.

People are here because other Diets didn't work for them. I myself tried Atkins, made it through induction, and felt so awful I quit. And no, I wasn't just eating pork rinds and beef jerky. (even though they are a little slice o' heaven). No S is working, mostly because I believe I can make it a lifestyle.
Last edited by Prodigalsun on Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:55 pm

Guys, I'm on vacation and travelling till Sunday. So please at least wait to kill each other till then! OK? Also it's my little girl's first birthday today, so if you want to give us both a present, be nice.

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:53 pm

Happy B-Day Mini-Reinhard!
--

Prodigalsun

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:02 pm

Oh my goodness Reinhard!!! I was just thinking about asking you when your daughters first birthday was, just last night! This morning I was thinking of asking you if I could send her a present!!!!
Wow! I am psychic!!!
There will be no killing here... LOL...
I swear..
Unless you ask me too!!!
I'd certainly do time for you!!! :wink:

A million sorry's for pulling you away from your fun vacation, and best wishes for you daughter!
May she have a wonderful birthday!

Hugs to "Baby Reinhard"!!!!
Love,
8) Deb

Ariel King

Post by Ariel King » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:02 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REINHARD'S DAUGHTER!!!! :D :D :D Hope you have a wonderful vacation too!

I'm the most pacifistic person I know, so there is no danger of me killing anyone, before or after you get back. :wink:

Kevin

Reinhard

Post by Kevin » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:00 pm

I hope you and your girls had a nice first birthday.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:40 pm

"Arguing on the Internet is like running in the special olympics. You might win, but you're still a retard."

Retard? The developmentally disabled who compete in the Special Olympics deserve more respect than this.

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:28 pm

You are correct. The courageous men and women who compete in the special olympics transcend odds that most people can't dream off. I appologize for offending you. I have removed the offensive nature of the post.
--

Prodigalsun

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:37 pm

Yay Prodigal! You are living up to your name!
Love,
Deb
PS.... I am getting ready to sing you happy "you-know-what" tomorrow!!!

PPS.... Hi Jammin Jan!!!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:42 pm

Thanks!

Hi, Deb!

Catbert

Post by Catbert » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:15 pm

Hmmm... not sure what all the fuss was all about (not sure I want to know either), glad I was away for awhile and everyone seems to be getting along now. :)
Keeping this all in perspective...
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. --I Timothy 4: 8 (NIV)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:22 pm

Even the most loving of families and friends have little fits now and again.

Pax.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:19 am

Catbert, you're timing is perfect!!! You don't want to know~ LOL...

Here's a quote from Baba Olatunje, famous African conga player and philosopher...

"The past is history, the future is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present"....

Here's hoping you "presents" are all great!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:35 am

Thanks all for you kind wishes (and kind behavior!)

What a great group... I think we got 20 "let's be nice posts" for a couple dubious phrases.

Just for the record: it's officially ok to here to disagree with me or anyone else here, just be 1) civil and 2) slow to take offense (the hard part). If you're slow enough (and I'm not on vacation), I might even jump in on your behalf and then you get high ground feelings with low ground results.

If you are baffled as to how to pursue point 2 see Justin's excellent and amusing advice above (thanks, J, for that and your other moderation).

MerryKat

Snap

Post by MerryKat » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:55 pm

Hey snap Reinhard

My little man's first birthday was also on the 5th August 2005.

Enjoy your little treasure as much as I enjoy my bundle of joy and blessing.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)