Don't Want To Blow It

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Blue Daisy

Don't Want To Blow It

Post by Blue Daisy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:00 pm

I have a situation here, I'm not sure how to handle, I think I know what to do but I figure you guys have had alot more experience at this NoS diet than me and maybe could give me some pointers. I will have had 4 successful days after today and don't want to blow it.

I am having a medical procedure tomorrow that I forgot about until this morning. I went by the hospital this morning to get the prep kit and basically have not been able to eat much. My breakfast was 2 slices of dry white toast, lunch was baked fish and a piece of white bread and supper is chicken boullion. I've been somewhat weak this afternoon. I'm feeling a little bit better right now. Anyway, I figure I am going to be starving by tomorrow. I'm afraid my meals won't hold me over to the next meal. I really don't want to mess this up. I thought about making them high protein, high fat meals. Will that work?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:44 pm

I'm sure Reinhard will chime in eventually on this, but I'm guessing he will say that tomorrow, though not technically a "sick" day, is a kind of "special day"...
Just eat what you need to eat to get through it....
Something tells me you won't be eating a family bucket of KFC or a bunch of seven layer cake... If you eat a whole pizza I'd be worried!
But don't obsess about food categories!!! LOL... :lol:
If it's not Sugar it's fine! I bet you will even be able to stick with the three meal rule!
I hear the jello at the hospital is a big seller!

I hope all goes well Blue Daisy!
My best to you!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:03 am

"No sweets, no snacks, no sugar, EXCEPT on days that begin with S."

"Sick" begins with S. Eat what you need to eat! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

Blue Daisy

Post by Blue Daisy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:33 am

Thanks Deb and Jan-Tz. Whew. Good. So tomorrow can count as an S day if I need it. :idea: That's a relief. I'm still going to try to stick to 3 meals but it is nice to have some wiggle room if I need it.

Tammy

navin

Post by navin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:47 am

I'm with the rest of the crowd. Yeah, I'd avoid the sugar S, but if you really do need some extra food, you could either eat a bigger than normal breakfast in anticipatoin, or cut yourself a little slack and have a second or snack if necessary.

The key of course is not to make this habit. Unless you have having these medical procedures done regularly, I wouldn't sweat it too much.
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

JWL

Post by JWL » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:15 am

Without knowing what kind of medical procedure you are undergoing, I would chime in with everyone else. Take care of your body. Get healthy. Over the long haul, this likely includes No-S. But in the short term, do what you need to do.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:37 pm

Yes, sick days start with S (and "medical procedures" count as sick).

About time I moved this to the home page, I think...
Last edited by reinhard on Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:04 pm

Yay Doctor Reinhard! :lol:
Long live NoS!!!!
We are all so devoted to you that we will even question whether we should take care of ourselves on sick days... People wondering if they can go off their diet because they don't want to mess it up!!!
What other diet can boast such devotion to a plan???

Yes this seems to be a Universal question, (even I remember asking you this once! LOL) so might as well give a Universal dictum on your manifesto :)

Love,
8) Deb

Blue Daisy

Post by Blue Daisy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:44 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for your advice. I guess I was a bit vague, Freakwitch, about the "medical procedure". The reason I couldn't eat very much and only certain things was part of the prep, I had to be cleaned out. YUCK. It's over now. I had the procedure this morning and it was AWFUL. But there was good news. The Dr said that his preliminary findings were that everything was A-OK, based on what he could see before he really reviewed the x-rays. Yipee!

After I left the hospital, around 10am, I went to the Waffle House and had the Ham Omelet with grits, bacon and toast. Yum. It's 12:30am and I'm still full from it. I may have a late lunch around 2 or 3pm if I get hungry again. Looks like I will be able to do the N day with just rearranging the times I eat.

I think it is better to be prepared just in case so I asked and learned something, S days could also be "sick" days. Thanks again.