Positive vibes and thinking....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Positive vibes and thinking....

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:27 pm

I just posted a little thing about how "negative reenforcement" never really works for me... Then I saw Tonshas comment to Cynthia about how
"Failure is impossible on S days" (I think!? LOL.)
And then I remebered about how often Reinhard is found saying, usually to newbies, how it "seems counterintuitive" but that we should think of the weekends as rewards and something to "look forward to"...
I am really sure that this all points to an underlying mechanism which works in any self help program...
Positive thinking....
This is what gives us the *real fuel* our Willpower craves!
When we are always thinking of things in negative terms, eg: how to avoid being bad, or how to "Stop" ourselves all the time (stopping is essentially a negative take on an action... I prefer "choosing a positive action instead" as opposed to the overcontrolling and negative "stopping" something...) then we can overcome anything!!!
So, it's true, you must think of "The Force" and use it!!!
It's always there,,, We just need to acknowledge it and embrace it~
Positive thinking!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
(now if I could only listen to my own words during PMS!!! :lol: )

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:08 pm

Good point, Deb. I once did some personal mindwork on the concept of choosing "active refraining" ... as opposed to just struggling to avoid temptation. This involved meditating on non-action as an affirmative choice ...
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur