Another beginner's routine!

Which movements do you do? How many reps? In what order? When? Do you mix in other non-shovelglove moves? Post here or browse to get ideas.
Neptunus

Another beginner's routine!

Post by Neptunus » Tue May 26, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi everyone. I started shugging again this friday (I didn't manage to make it part of my routine when I tried before, and grew distanced from my hammer :( ), and shugged again today! I didn't do any yesterday, as my arms were still too sore from friday. x]
Here's my routine (I do the number displayed once for each arm, starting with my left side):

Code: Select all

Shovel..................21
Butter..................21
Stoke Oven..............21
Fireman.................21
Flip Lever..............14
Shovel..................21
Stoke Oven (fast).......21
Stretches for ~ 2-3 mins
I use a 5kg (11 pound) hammer. I'm not sure if I'm doing the stoke oven maneuver correctly, I usually refer to them as "lunges", because it's more like I'm lunging at someone with a spear.
Very fun, and very draining for me! Hopefully I'll stick with the routine for long enough to make it a habit, this time. :]
- Your friendly neighborhood vegan, proud shovelglover!

DC++

Post by DC++ » Wed May 27, 2009 5:12 am

Congrats on starting up again. To paraphrase the Buddha, "There are only two mistakes one can make with shugging; not starting, and not going all the way".

tripitaka888

Post by tripitaka888 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:02 am

Now you mention it, I believe on one of the scrolls that King Monkey obtained from Buddha in India had a line: "The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. And shug for 14 minutes each weekday, no more no less."

DC++

Post by DC++ » Wed May 27, 2009 1:32 pm

heh heh, that does sound familiar.