You're Sixteen...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

You're Sixteen...

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:40 pm

"You're beautiful and your mine"..
Ah, Ringo... Anyone know that one? LOL..

I just wanted to share a NoS moment with everyone...
I'm going out tomorrow to hear my new friend Premik play with my old friend Simon in Greenwich Village..
I was looking for something to wear... This is a major dillemma for me at the moment because most of my stuff is beyond slightly used and the only stuff I have in good shape is all from my pre-weightgain years...
I decided to try out some of the stuff, *just* for curiosity (and desperation! LOL...)
In the Spring, I had done the same thing... But I figured, between Yoga and NoS, my body *must* be somewhat different at this point...
I am happy to share that not only did a shirt which had previously doubled as a "high blood pressure" machine, and I almost threw it out at that time, out of pure disgust and frustration, is now is perfectly comfortable.... And a pair of pants, which in Spring was snug, is just perfect...
I must say, I look pretty womanly in them and am primed to go and knock out these dudes! LOL.... Vavavavoom! LOL....
As someone here said to me in an off group chat,
"Deb's on the prowl"... :wink:
LOL...
Yay me!!! (Ala Freakwitch!)
And as my Tonsha Dave said,,,,
"I am invincible!" LOL...
So watch out Greenwich Village!!!!
Ha ha...

I titled this "Sweet Sixteen" because that's the size of the pants... :lol:
I however am not sixteen, and haven't been sixteen for over 22 years...
That may sound large to many of you, but at this time last year, I was barely fitting into a size 20... Even 22 seemed pretty dismal...
I'd say, that's reason to be proud!
And I am :wink:
Wonder what I'll be wearing by this time next September?
It would be great if I went down the same amount of sizes...
We shall see.. In the meanwhile, I feel super happy!
Maybe because I'm on the prowl again!
Ha ha ha!!!! :P

For further info on both of them, here's a shameless plug to visit their webpages.. Premik's wasn't functioning for a few days but it's up and running...
www.naturebeat-music.com
www.premik.com

Okay, my Chinese food is here.. Perfect timing! LOL...
Gotta go..
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:53 pm

Way to go Deb! I'm so happy for you :D You have a GREAT TIME and injoy you chinese food, yum!

CarrieAnn

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:59 pm

Thanks CarrieAnn! You are a cutie!
You enjoy your evening as well...
Love,
8) Deb

Blue Daisy

Post by Blue Daisy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:21 am

That is really great Deb. I can imagine it felt pretty terrific to be able to fit into those clothes again.
The secret to success is small, but very consistent changes.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:40 am

It felt totally inspirational! Thanks Daisy!!!
Hugs!
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:48 pm

That is the BEST feeling, isn't it? The acid test. And speaking of acid, enjoy the music, and don't take the brown acid. (I'm REALLY dating myself with that one!) I'm sure most of you don't know what in the NoS I'm talking about.

Peetie

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:14 pm

Peetie:

I am old enough to remember the film they showed at school with Helen Hunt jumping out of the window because she tried acid. LOL

Deb: I hope you had a fantastic time. When we feel good about ourselves it makes us shine. I hope you had a shining good time last night.

XXOO Dru

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:48 pm

I thought it went,,, "Don't take the prune flavored acid!" :lol:

Now, Peetie, the funny thing is all those previous hippies aren't taking acid anymore, just pepcid ac for acid reflux...
Ha ha!!!

Well Peetie, I think I was floating around the Catskills during the time of the Woodstock Festival... But I was in diapers and my parents aren't hippies so we didn't go...
They might have said something like more like "Please take the brown diaper..." but there was no acid at the bungalo colony... Just a bunch of people playing Bingo! LOL..

Did I ever send you the picture of me and my Uncle Paul?
He was ten years younger than my mom, so around your age...
I'm not sure if he went to Woodstock, but he was at the Concert for Bangladesh...

Dru, aren't those scare tactics effective! LOL..
I am actually going out tonight! So I'll certainly have a shining good time!

Back to the topic,,,
Both Richard and I are feeling so great these days...
This plan certainly has long term benefits that just get better with time!
It's like a fine wine! I really was going to write that shirt off "for dead" and toss it out last Spring.. I am glad I didn't... What a fantastic surprise!
Have a great Sunday all yall!
God Bless,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:03 pm

Deb, That is what all we former Woodstockers are dealing in now....prune flavored everything! And, Dru, I never saw Helen Hunt in that flick.....sounds like a classic.

Yes, this is not only an efficient way to take care of the weight, but to eat in a healthier fashion overall. Yesterday I was out to lunch with my husband and I ordered a decadent piece of carrot cake for dessert. I ate about 2/3 of it, and was happily full. And I ate reasonably healthy the rest of the day by choice.

Today I will tack a piece of my Costco Cake freezer mother lode onto a meal, and that is my little nod to decadence for the day. And amazingly, it will be enough.

Bon appetite everyone.

Peetie

Tonsha

Post by Tonsha » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:27 am

YAY Deb!! That's FANTASTIC!!

That has got to make you feel proud/happy/inspired/INVINCIBLE!

Hope you have (had?) a great time and remember that there is more to come!, 'cos if we just keep plugging away at No S and SG and UR we will just feel better and better!

DaveA
"The best diet is the one you don’t know you’re on" - Brian Wansink

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:31 pm

Congratulations, Deb. I don't understand women's sizes, but that sounds like a huge jump. Maybe I should get a jeans company to sponsor no-s, we must be great for business with all the sizes we've been dropping (though I guess long term, they do much better with the yo-yoers).