Keep callin' me Slim! (5 1/2 yrs kept off 30#)

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Catbert

Keep callin' me Slim! (5 1/2 yrs kept off 30#)

Post by Catbert » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:28 pm

Howdy!

I haven't posted in forever, but I'm glad to see this "yearly check in" forum since that is were I definitely fall in the categories.

I have been NoS-ing for 5 1/2 years now and it's just a way of life. I rarely even think about it anymore. I lost 30 pounds slowly, over the first year and a half, and have kept it off ever since!!! (I walk 1-2 miles 5-6 times a week and this helps too.)

If you will have patience to retrain your brain and set new habits this will work for you. Like most people, I "fell off the wagon" a few times, but I got back on and kept on going.

I'm still at my goal weight today and plan to stay that way. =)

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to put pictures here so here's link to my before and after... I can't believe I'm doing this!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/mandc4asia/ ... 6c7244_Ncw#
Last edited by Catbert on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeping this all in perspective...
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. --I Timothy 4: 8 (NIV)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:32 pm

WOW! thank you for posting, and congratulations on being a long-time loser!

la_loser

Impressive!

Post by la_loser » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:52 am

Catbert-that is most impressive. And timely too because it's so important for us all to remember that patience is key and that No S is so sustainable.

You look great in the pictures too! What a testament to your perseverance and to Reinhard's system!

Thanks for dropping in! It's good to hear from another Texan--I'm not there anymore, but you know--once a Texan, always a Texan!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

guadopt1997

Post by guadopt1997 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:14 am

Congratulations on keeping off the weight. As a chronic yo-yo myself (all in the past, I hope), I know how hard that is.

Keep it up! (or should I say, down!).

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:13 am

Wow! Such an inspiration! And thanks for the before/after pics. You are beautiful in both, but I suspect much happier in the "after".

I like your idea of having the "patience to retrain your brain". Initially, I got the patience part, but the retrain part may come more slowly.

(And I've got to tell you, your avatar is a spot-on picture of my beloved cat who died two years ago to the day at age 18. Hope you still have your kitten!)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:16 am

Catbert,

It's great to see you around here again -- especially with such good news to report (and such lovely pictures!).

Steep drops are nice, but nothing makes me happier than seeing sustained successes like yours.

Congratutions and thank you for sharing it here with us!

Reinhard

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Thank you so much for sharing with us. Those things are what keep us going!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:46 pm

It's wonderful to read of your success, and see your lovely photos. Thank you.

Vigilant2010

Post by Vigilant2010 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:55 am

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your pictures--very motivating indeed!
Blogging my way to a healthier lifestyle at http://www.21days-at-a-time.blogspot.com

Tombo

Post by Tombo » Thu May 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Well done, I am happy to hear this has worked for you, especially after doing it for so long! Thank you for sharing :D