stepping in again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sinnie

stepping in again

Post by Sinnie » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:38 pm

Hello all you fine people,

Since school started I have but butchered my no-s approach to eating. I don't know, the stress started and I just let my guard down. Okay, okay I also let peer pressure get to me (when you spend 7:30am until 10:30pm with your friend whom loves to eat and you are already having a super-long boring day - you darn well just eat). Not an excuse, and when possible I attempt no-s usually not with much success.

Now that I am more settled into my routine, I think no-s will actually fit in perfectly. I gotta say, of all the diet plans out there, this by far is the best and simplest to follow. Reinhard, you really should be a millionaire.

Well, here's to my return! I may just bend the rules slightly to fit me better (I don't really follow the one plate thing just because I am a master at knowing what portion control should be, and I tend to eat salads the size of dinner plates which are very low in calories, along with other stuff. Basically I just want to make it three meals a day and if I put some jam on my bread well so be it!).

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:41 pm

Yay Cynthia!!!!!
You are great!
Soon you will be able to be around "permasnackers" like your friend and think "I used to be like that" and look on as an observer... After a year of being with NoS, this is finally happening to me... It's totally surreal... We even bought a big bag of cheddar cheese popcorn yesterday (It was an S day anyway) and it's just sitting there, on our kitchen counter *not being attacked* and we only used one serving yesterday during Richards soccer game (he had it, not me..) How is this possible? Well I have to honestly say, I don't look forward to "Snack" foods anymore... They have really lost their appeal at this point... Wow! It's really a good habit that I have formed.. But it took time... At the beginning, I did occasionally include snack foods in my meal, and then it just dwindled away and I pretty much only have "real food" at meals now... It's really wonderful
You can do it too!!! Give it a real effort for a good period of time... One week and maybe even one month might not do it... Stick it out for a while... After all, you said it yourself, Reinhard is a pretty smart dude... Might as well take advise from such a great advisor...
(His name even means "Strong/Hardy Advisor"!!! How do you like that? LOL...)

Maybe try to stay away a bit, or even ask her to help you by not offering you stuff?, for a short while... Once your habits are down, you really won't be affected by opportunistic snacking scenarios as much...
Be strict with yourself, but make darn sure you have good enough meals to satisfy your hunger and your desire for something tasty... No one said you can't have any snack foods (ie tortilla chips or the like) but eat them as part of your meal...
You will desire them less and less...
ps.. There are a lot of healthy foods which you can start experimenting with as substitute "stress" foods, which might do the trick..Crunchy celery, instead of chips, apples, etc...
Good luck with your renewed efforts!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:48 pm

Hey Deb!

You are so right about the permasnackers all around me. It's incredible when you make note of how many people constantly eat throughout the day without a rest.

Today is technically Day One...But I don't think it should count being a Sunday and all - you should see the amount of chocolate I ate!!!