Lala's check in (Hungry)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LALA

Lala's check in (Hungry)

Post by LALA » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:24 am

Day 2 doing great, but I am starving. The funny thing is I don't want food . I am going thru a junk food withdrawal.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:04 am

Can you have a non junky something now? Like a small salad?
I see no point in torturing yourself! LOL..
Hey! That sounds like a good idea..
I didn't have any salad today..
I'm going for the lettuce and tomato right,,,,,,,,,,,,

NOW!

LOL..

See ya later Hungry Gal!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:58 pm

LALA, you shouldn't be starving. Give yourself big firsts. It's OK if they're too big at first. The important part is to get the habit down.