I just have to stop

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~hf

I just have to stop

Post by ~hf » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:16 am

I have to start by saying that I love No S. I know it can and does work. It has worked for me in the past and can work for me again *if* I stop...

visiting other diet community boards...

hangs head in shame. :oops:

I realize that my habit of checking in on this one particular community (no, not ww) derails me, every time. So, that's it. I'm done. I'm not going there again. I quit.

I think I'll add that to my August challenge.

Heidi

marleah

Post by marleah » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Ooh, I know that is hard. But good for you recognizing that! Hey, you could always make a HabitCal for it, if you think that would help.

Congrats on taking another step! :)
- vegan grad student -
- 5'2" starting at 140-145 in March 2009 -
- S-Days Saturday and Sunday -

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:26 pm

I hear ya! It's so tempting to look around for a miracle cure that will erase the pounds away easy, fast, cheaply and permanantly... there isn't one out there... believe me I've looked for... oh lets see... 25 years! No S is the best answer and it teaches us how to heal from the inside. I've found that when I trust that I loose faster than when I doubt it and look elsewhere. Put your total confidence in it and it'll come. Praying helps too. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I hear you too! I was guilty of almost the same thing...I tried NoS back in 2007 and it worked very well, but I got off track after a vacation and then no matter how hard, or how many times I tried to get back on track, I couldn't seem to do it. I think then panic set in, and I looked for other ways to lose weight. I tried two in particular and neither was successful for me. One day, feeling very much at the end of my *diet* rope, I spotted my NoS magnet on the side of the refrigerator and *bing* - a lightbulb went off. What had I been thinking? I knew this plan worked and brought MANY other nice things with it besides the weight loss - meaning for me, the loss of my *diet mentality and craziness.* That was on April 30 of this year and I have been successfully NoEssing since.
Stick with it - it works. Good luck becauseIcan!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

~hf

Post by ~hf » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:51 pm

marleah wrote:Hey, you could always make a HabitCal for it, if you think that would help.
I was thinking the same thing. Having a HabitCal will make it easy to track and hard for me to lie to myself about compliance. Thanks!

Heidi

~hf

Post by ~hf » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:25 pm

mimi wrote:I hear you too! I was guilty of almost the same thing...I tried NoS back in 2007 and it worked very well, but I got off track ... then panic set in, and I looked for other ways to lose weight. . . . I knew this plan worked and brought MANY other nice things with it besides the weight loss - meaning for me, the loss of my *diet mentality and craziness.*
Mimi :D
I don't really know how to do multiple quotes in the same reply so I just condensed your comment above.

I totally relate to your comment. Panic had set in. After my dd's accident No S totally went out the window. I was living on hospital food for months, then had to deal with her coming home and caring for so many other kids in addition to her special needs. I posted here once before that my weight jumped 50lbs in under 6 months, YIKES. I became desperate to drop it *quick*. I had used some program before and was losing weight quickly so I decided to do it again. Well after months of struggling and beating myself up for not having success I have come to grips with the fact that the demands of that program are not reasonable for me in my situation, and probably not reasonable for most in any situation. I don't have 1 hour a day to dedicate to exercise 6 days a week nor do I *want* to. I don't have the time to prepare the recommended food or to eat as often as they say I should. Besides, the food is largely unsatisifying and expensive and my children will not tolerate it at all which means seperate food for everyone. Not going to happen.

No S does have a lot of side benefits one being the fact that my kids asked me to restart it again. I was so happy on it before. It is so freeing to not have to think about food. Once I have made my menu for the week and finished shopping I don't think about it again until I ask what's for dinner tonight and pull something out to defrost or start my crockpot. My children love the fact that I plan treats, good ones that we all enjoy. We look forward to them like the treat they are. My food budget goes *a lot* farther than before because I plan meals that everyone likes instead of having to fix alternatives to supplement for "picky eaters". I love Clara and her videos on YouTube. Her meals have brought us through some rough weeks and it's all No S approved. :D

I only had 5 green day last month and I still managed to lose 1 pound. Not significant enough to measure, I know, but it was enough for me to acknowledge that even small changes do add up. At 1 pound per month, that's 12 pounds a year. In 2 years that would be 24 pounds. I will eventually meet my goal. And no, it's not a number it's a state of mind. :wink:

Heidi