G Log

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gman

G Log

Post by Gman » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:20 pm

Day 1

Although have been S'ging and nos'ing about 2 weeks now

Thought I would start a log, (probably update it every few days).
Weighed myself 28 th Sept weighed in at 179 lbs.
Not to bad food wise although not very healthy Fish and Chips for tea but kept within the guidelines portion wise and no snacks.

Shovelglove level 1 with 10 push-ups thrown in after my shovel movements and at the end which gave me a total of 30.
Then some wrist curls afterwards coz I've got weak wrists.
Last edited by Gman on Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:30 pm

Hey G!
Have a great day!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

(ps... You are about where I'd like to be, weightwise, more or less, in a year from now...)

Gman

Post by Gman » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:50 pm

Thanks Deb.
I'm sure you'll get there

Gman

Post by Gman » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:52 am

Day 2

Nos No problems except an extra glass of wine at night.

Morning 45 mins walking.
Pm 1.5 mile jog and shovelglove.
Slept well

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:21 pm

Welcome to the check-in, Gman. Congratulations on your good start. A glass of wine (as far as no-s is concerned) is fine. And I've eaten plenty of fish and chips as I lost 40 pounds on this.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:33 pm

mmmm. Fish and chips. I think I'll have that for my dinner today.
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:39 pm

Hey Niederlander! LOL...

8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:48 pm

yeah, a little pre-emptive as I'm currently still sat in the UK, but come tomorrow.....

C.
CaroleJo

Gman

Post by Gman » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:05 pm

I don't think the wine was too much to worry about but it was 3 glasses instead of the 2.

Gman

Post by Gman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:41 am

Days 3,4&5

Not too good 4 and 5 were S days but 3 was a bit of an S day as well with no Sg and not too good on the diet front, just a couple of biscuits knocked back my diet.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:39 pm

Was that before or after the wine????
LOL..

Well G, today you get another try!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Gman

Post by Gman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:27 pm

Day 6

Well a lot better on day 6.
Walking 30 minutes.
Diet ----sardines for lunch and home made chicken Korma for tea.
Shovelglove went well and I really enjoyed the session.

Gman

Post by Gman » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:16 am

Day 7.
30 minutes walking.Diet good but curry again so you may have guessed I'm a bit of a curry addict.
Will be having something healthier tonight.
Aubergines in garlic and tomatoe with feta cheese and squash.
SG done no problems threw in a few more exercises with dumbells.Weighed in at around 80 kg (176lb) but I find my wieght fluctuates by a pound or two every few days[/b]

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:18 pm

but I find my wieght fluctuates by a pound or two every few days
You will find that this is always true, particularly depending on when you weigh yourself. Checking your weight daily is not suggested unless you know you will not let whatever the scale says get to you. Your body will always fluctuate and if you really would like to rely on checking the scale I would suggest only doing so once a week, at the same time and day each week. This will allow for the most regular and accurate representation of the direction your weight is actually heading.

If you do decide to continue weighing everyday (I do, so I can't really tell you not to), then only really pay attention or record your weight weekly, and really try your best not to worry about what the scale says. It is a blunt tool that is a very poor measurement of physical health. Particularly as you gain muscle and lose fat your weight will change, but being 176 pounds and trim and muscular is going to look and, much more importanly, FEEL a whole lot better than 176 pounds with a higher body fat percentage.

Sorry for the long post, but just don't let the scale dictate your life, worry about how you look and how you feel.

Gman

Post by Gman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:06 am

Azathoth
I agree with you on the way your weight varies but I couldn't help myself as it's the first time I have been under 13 stone for a long time.

Day 8
Well diet good and 30 mins walking SG done.

Day 9
Diet good no Sg done, done a fair bit of walking round the shops.

Gman

Post by Gman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:12 am

I'm a bit mixed up with my day numbers.
I think I first posted on 29th Sept for Day 1 on 28th.
So today should be day 10.
That's what working shifts does to your mind.

Gman

Post by Gman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:02 pm

Day 10
Good day diet good no issues had a nice stew made with organic veg cooked up in a slow cooker (crockpot).Had some strange veg delivered in our home delivery box namely Khol Rabi and something called muzeeni or something.
So I bunged them in and it turned out alright.I use this method of cooking a lot as it can be done in advance and most of the dishes can be cleaned and the kitchen returned to it's normal tidy state with just a few dishes to be washed after the meal.

Sg done level 1 but upped it a bit because I missed it yesterday.60 reps shovelling 1st round and 25 churns then 10 push ups also in the first round.(rest of 1st round as normal)
The 2nd round was as normal but did the lever movement until the alarm went off.Then tried some hand stand push ups but ended up with only 6 partials,then wrist curls to finnish.

Gman

Post by Gman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:55 pm

Days 11 & 12
S day's a little bit over board on Sunday but hey that's what there for aren't they.

Day 13 Nos no problems .No walking done But did a pretty intense SG freestyle session then nh50 push-ups felt good afterwards and slept well.