Hello all

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Igby

Hello all

Post by Igby » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:34 pm

I have read the No s diet so many times and I am finally at the point where I want to give it a try. This way of eating just makes sense to me. I had tried to do Thintuition which is sort of like this but for some reason it didn't work. Anyways, I am looking forward to starting a daily log and tracking my progress. Along with this way of eating I do want to try to get my workouts in but it has been really hard to do as of late.

:D
one meal at a time........

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:44 am

Welcome, Igby.

I've never heard of thintuition. I looked at thintuition.com but couldn't figure out what you're actually supposed to do.

Extrapolating (perhaps erroneously) from this experience, I'd say the good thing about no-s is that it's specific (and there are no membership dues). Most other "natural," "non-diet" eating plans I've come across sound nice (except for the money part), but they're too murky and vague to be useful.

Looking forward to your daily log.

Reinhard

peetie

Post by peetie » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:31 pm

Ofcourse, I tried Intuition. Haven't missed many diets or nondiet plans. But, I agree with Reinhard in that these types of plans are too vague, and I found I needed more structure.

My body hunger signals have been so toyed with for so many years, I can't always trust it to signal TRUE hunger. Also, I found when I could have sweets anytime I wanted, I didn't grow tired of them. More begets more with me.

There's a difference between restriction, structure and no holds barred eating, and, for me, the structure of NoS is the middle ground that works for me.

Also, I think our bodies get USED to eating large amounts of food, and if we indulge them, it doesn't lessen. I have found using my body signals AND my head are both necessary for weight loss and maintenance.

Peetie