The fun is back in eating!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Inge

The fun is back in eating!

Post by Inge » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:22 pm

My last non-diet was Conscious Eating -- eat only when hungry, stop at the first sign of satiety, no reading, slow chewing, no distractions, etc. It worked, but eating also became work. The no-reading part was the worst, as breakfast and newspaper are inseparable to me.

Now I can read again while eating, or watch the news, or even talk on the phone! The one plate rule prevents unconscious eating just as well as those other techniques, and I get to relax. THANKS, Reinhard, for zeroing in on exactly which habits need to be changed, and leaving the details up to the individual!!

:D Happy Inge

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:48 pm

You are right! The fun is back!
Have a great day!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Miss louann

Post by Miss louann » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:36 pm

Inge, I'm with you on this. I have also tried the conscious eating thing and I always gave up because I was exhausted from trying to figure out if I as hungry or not. Now I just do my job, eat 3 meals and don't have to concentrate too hard.It is definitely a better deal. Best wishes, Louann