Echo's Check-In (probably not quite daily)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Echo

Echo's Check-In (probably not quite daily)

Post by Echo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:49 pm

Ok well I was determined to start no-s this week and feel horribly ill on Sunday night. I think I saw that sick is an s day but since I don't feel much like eating ( and didn't over the weekend either which should have clued me in this was coming) thought I would record it anyway.

Monday - No breakfast, some coffee (sorry can't give up the little bit of internation creamer I use, tried many many times, but my drip has replaced the mocha soy latte's I used to get to figured its ok, and I don't use that much).
Lunch - PB sand wich, half appled and 3 doritos ( my husband was "taking care of me" and in charge of the house for the day including meals ) :?

Forgot this, came back to add it, my hubby made us all fruit smooties made from a mix containging tons of fruit and green tea and vitamin c. Its liquid and refridgerated and has almost no sugar, non high fructose, although I probably got more fruit than I would normally eat we had it cause I am sick and needed the vit. c.

Dinner - Jack in the fat....I mean box.. heh. Again dear hubby in charge ( I am pretty well down and out ) So sourdough Jack sandwich and few fries and little bit of coke (felt good on the throat).

After dinner, snifter (about ounce) of Grand Marnier, good stuff! Tastes great and helps with coughs and sore throats...mmmm.

Also I am trying to cut out pop when we eat out but since I have eliminated it from our house entirely (was a 3 or 4 can a day habit) I don't deny myself this one sweet when out, I try not to drink too much and not refill and bring it out, only with the meal when we occasionally eat out. I will not consider this a faliure because for me right now I am afraid I will start stocking it in the house if I can't have it once in a blue moon. I did do the diet thing but would rather do a little of the full sweet since I am convinced diet is so bad for you. Eventually I hope to move it to only have pop on weekends for out s days but right now the coke company addiction is too strong! ( hey why isn't anyone sueing them for putting addictive stuff in pop, I would bet good money there is something in there!! )

Hoping to be kept accountable this way, thanks. Echo (promise the rest will be shorter.

Weight 189
I have nothing of wit to say at the moment, but most people don't mind so much.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:56 pm

Hey Echo!

Get well soon! Don't worry about post length, it's YOUR checkin, you can write what you like.

There's some great long posts somewhere about diet pop on the general discussion part. It might have dropped off the bottom, but it's worth hunting for. A lot of people here feel the same as you about 'fake sugar'.

You're also right that Sick begins with S.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:29 pm

You can do it Echo!!!
The sweets cravings can get dramatically reduced if you stick to it for a good run...
Most people report noticing that they are satisfied with less sweets fairly soon...
That's great that you have cut it out from home...
You will be happy to only have it on a weekend pretty soon!!!
It's just a habit!
Water, juice, coffee, fruit smoothies...
All of those are much better alternatives...
Hope you are enjoying a Washington Autumn...
How close are you to Snoqualmie Falls??? (SP?)
Peace and love,
8) Deb

Echo

Post by Echo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:33 pm

Hey there day 2 went by, still very sick but pretty much a success. Hoping to really get going today since I have to start life back up ready or not.

We are about an hour from Snoqualmie Falls, we live in Snohomish, know for its antique shops, too bad I am not into that :D

Last few days have been beatiful but the forcast is for 7 days of rain, but what do they know right? Actually they are often wrong because its so hard to predict out here (guess its hardest in the country). We will see how today goes, thanks for the posts.
I have nothing of wit to say at the moment, but most people don't mind so much.