S. Michele's first day

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Michele

S. Michele's first day

Post by Michele » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:20 pm

Thank you to Vicky who told me about this site, it sounds doable. Better than doing it myself.
So far, I haven't really messed up,I didn't my usual breakfast because I took someone to the airport, but all is well.
I love my chocolate, and yesterday was a bad day for me and when I get emotional, I tend to eat more and not really care what I eat or how much.
I am trying to exercise more, I have a stationary bike I use when I can and do some stretching exercises when I am done. I have lost 5 pounds already just by cutting back on the junk food.
I need the ecouragement of a group, I can't rely on Sr. Brownie.
Ok I need to go have a healthy lunch. Goed bless and have a wonderful day!
Last edited by Michele on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:58 pm

Hi Sister,

Hope this works out as well for you as it has for me!

Welcome and happy No-S-ing.
C.
CaroleJo

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:19 pm

So, are you a religious sister, or is that just your screen name? If so, what order are you? Just curious and hoping you don't mind the question.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:24 pm

We are all Sisters!!!!
Good luck battling Sister Brownies!
Just make sure she plans her offers for S days and you can enjoy as much as you want!
Good luck Michelle,
Love,
8) Sister Deb

Michele

Post by Michele » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:05 pm

Thank you everyone,
have a great day.
Last edited by Michele on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:17 pm

Oh, okay, Franciscan Felicians. I've heard of that group.

My hubby is a deacon who runs a parish, and we have worked full-time for the Church for nearly 30 years. It's been a wonderful adventure! Glad you're here. :D Hope you enjoy No-S as much as I have. The self-control one gains in the food department spills over into other areas of life, too, including the devotional, I have noticed.

mondurvic

Welcome Sister Michele!

Post by mondurvic » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:03 am

I'm a newbie, too, though a week older than you. Today marks a complete week, and I'm one-third of the way to the 21-day club.

It has been incredibly easy. There have been no struggles, no "I want it!"/"You can't have it" quarrels in my head. I even ended up eating less on S days than I did on N days, and no sweets at all, though I had anticipated them greatly.

I have been dieting for 56 years (I'm now 63), and fat or thin, (occasionally I lost weight, but never kept it off), I have never known a minute's peace around food. This time I was at peace from Day 1. I really can't get over it.

Thank you Reinhard, and everyone else, too. The board is a big help, and I look forward to checking in every night.

Judith