WANTED: NO S SUCCESS STORIES FOR MAGAZINE

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

WANTED: NO S SUCCESS STORIES FOR MAGAZINE

Post by reinhard » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Another major national women's magazine is interested in doing a story on No-s!

(I wonder if this is related to the Michael Pollan quote?)

I can't promise this will be quite as exciting as last time:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2550

But it's still pretty cool.

They haven't mentioned anything about pictures, but they are interested in big numbers:
the story has to contain some really amazing weight-loss
testimonials. Do you know of any women who have lost a dramatic amount of weight by following some of the principles in the book? (they're
looking for women who have lost 50+ pounds...100 pounds is even better).
Please email me if you more or less fall into this category and are even remotely interested! I'd be hugely grateful! It's been a while since No-s got mainstream media attention and this could really make a difference. Free signed copy of the book for whoever is willing to talk to them (you can always back out if it makes you uncomfortable).

reinhard.engels@gmail.com

Reinhard
Last edited by reinhard on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:27 am

I'm pretty sure Silverfish and Too Solid Flesh, fall into that category Reinhard.. Maybe one of them will chime in :)
Good luck!
I do hope that the book gets the major recognition it deserves!!!

I myself, am hoping to be able to fall into that category within the next two years :)
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Too solid flesh

Any NoS babes out there?

Post by Too solid flesh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm just bumping this up... surely there are some successful, altruistic NoS beauties out there, who could give Reinhard's fantastic plan some well-deserved publicity?

Thank you, Deb, you're right that I do meet the weight criteria, but I am unfortunately still too fat, insufficiently glamorous, and too old to meet the requirements of such a magazine, I believe.

Please rally round, people!

gratefuldeb67

Re: Any NoS babes out there?

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Too solid flesh wrote: Thank you, Deb, you're right that I do meet the weight criteria, but I am unfortunately still too fat, insufficiently glamorous, and too old to meet the requirements of such a magazine, I believe.
Well Reinhard said nothing about being glamourous or young, or even pix..
I'm *very* impressed with your story, and maybe they will be too? :)

I'm sure our leader will chime in come Monday :)

8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

heinze

Post by heinze » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 am

Wish I had started No S sooner; I'm only starting week 3, so I don't have much, if anything, to "show."

If you need a "before," I'm your girl. hahahahaha :lol:

In the past two weeks, I've gotten my husband and parents to start no s (or at least talk about doing so), and my husband and his brother have started shovelglove. whoot-woo!

Thanks so much!

CC

~hf

Post by ~hf » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Oh how I wish I could say "ME!" but I can't...I've been around long enough but have been too distracted to concentrate on doing anything "well" for me. All that is changing now, thank goodness, so maybe someday in the not too far off future.....

lelovelady

Post by lelovelady » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Well, I don't have them ... YET ... but I am confident that the next time you ask that question I will have some. :)

I've already noticed my clothes fitting better (just a little, but a little is better than none, and it's a good start), so I know it's just a matter of time.

Congratulations on the recognition!

Laura L.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm *very* impressed with your story,
As am I!
and maybe they will be too?
I certainly think so.

I don't want to put anyone on the spot, but please give yourself some credit, too solid flesh!

As far as I'm concerned, you are an ideal No-s success story. If you still feel like a "during" -- well, everyone practicing no-s (or any habit, for that matter), if they're honest with themselves, is a "during."

Reinhard

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm

As a parent raises a child to learn and be able to go out into the world and to not depend on the parent, but continue on in a successful life of their own... Reinhard helps us to learn, and become independant also to go out and not rely on this site because we will have internalized the good habits.

In otherwords, it may be hard to contact all of those successful people out there who only return when they "need" to. :wink:

Thanks again Reinhard
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:13 pm

How cool! Congrats!!!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi All,

This is still very much "live," so please let me know if anyone else is interested.

They might be willing to lower their quantitative criteria a bit for people who are willing to be photographed, so please, if you're a woman even remotely in the minus -50 pound ballpark and not camera shy, please drop me a line!

Thanks so much!

Reinhard

WouldYouEva

Post by WouldYouEva » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 pm

If that criterion ever drops down to 30 lbs., I'm your girl. I suspect 10% of body weight isn't dramatic enough for them.

I'm starting to budge off that plateau I was on, but only because I've bumped up my activity.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi all,

The magazine is still interested -- but they want more candidates. If you're a woman who has lost a bunch of weight on no-s and have any interest in appearing in a major national magazine (and acquiring my eternal gratitude), please drop me an email.

Don't worry if your numbers aren't quite -50 pounds, a striking photographic before/after contrast or story will probably do the trick (yes, it seems photos will be required). If you have any doubts as to whether you "qualify," please suppress them and drop me an email anyway. They're looking for a "range" of success stories, and if there's any aspect of your no-s experience that's striking, it may help round out the others.

Many, many thanks to those who have already sent me their consent/photos/stories!

Reinhard

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Making this "sticky" so less obsessive checkers of the bulletin board members have a chance to see...

Looking forward to the deluge of emails I'm sure is coming! (hint, hint)

Reinhard

Gia

Post by Gia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:59 pm

You may also want to check in with the No-Sers who wrote glowing reviews on Amazon. I remember a number of them dropped 30+ pounds. Some of them may have read the book but just not be a part of this forum. GOod luck! Sounds like it will be an awesome article.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:07 pm

I've lost 23 pounds -- not even close to their requirements. I do think I look much better than I did and I have a couple of GHASTLY before pictures ...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Thalia,

Thank you for responding!

Would you mind emailing me some pictures I could forward on to them?

Good tip about checking the amazon reviews, gia.... it didn't occur to me that I could contact the reviewers but I think there's some private message mechanism via amazon.

Reinhard

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 pm

You know, Reinhard, I think you should shoot for a magazine like "Psychology Today" for a story... the loss of "diet head" ranks is as important as the weight loss for a lot of people here.

I can't help you with before-after pics, but could write a great testamonial about peace of mind. :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 am

KCCC,

I agree. Unfortunately the magazines target me (or not) and not vice versa. My preferences don't seem to enter into it at all.

I'll run it by my publicist, tough... worth a shot.

Reinhard