Vicky's Daily Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Vicky

Vicky's Daily Check in

Post by Vicky » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:15 pm

I have enjoyed the first two days of the diet "S" days - today - thus far -
SUCCESS- I will be away for the next week - meetings out of state and no computer - I am sure I will have questions. I love sweets and so I like the fact that there is a carrot at the end of my stick right now - patience is what I need to learn to get through this week - I will however report in next Monday. May God bless each of you and if any of you are in Hurricane Wilma's way, may the angels protect you. God bless you - S. Vicky

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:08 pm

Good luck Vicky!
May the angels bless you *every day* and bless your efforts!
You will like the feeling of earning your rewards!
Peace and Love,
Deb

Vicky

Post by Vicky » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:46 am

Thank you Deb: I had success on my first day - there were difficult moments, but the carrot at the end of the stick helped me. I know I am a snacker and I have tried on my own, but have never been able to get through a week - so this I am hoping will help, because I have to check in and it is more of a challenge - Thanks again for your support!! God be with you - Vicky

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:50 pm

Congratulations, Vicky. Every day you get under your belt the easier it gets. If you do slip up, just shake it right off and get back with it.

Vicky

New Week

Post by Vicky » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:36 am

Dear Reinhard - I am back from a week of intense meetings out of state - I will say my goal for exercise was a success, Sweets and snacks are my pitfall and I failed at that - but I am not giving up - I am back home for the week - out of country for the weekend - but those will be S days - I am going to restart again today - I really feel this is a good way for me to break my habits - when stressed I hit chocolates first and then anything else that is sweet or salty, so I did not do well last week, thank you for the encouragement - I will give my results tomorrow for today and I am grateful for the encouragement - still trying!! Vicky