Monthly weigh in

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sandy

Monthly weigh in

Post by Sandy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:02 pm

I had my monthly weigh in and lost 4 lbs. I'm extremely happy since I would have been happy with 1 lb a month considering I am eating anything I want. I have 14 lbs left to lose to reach the goal in my head. I really don't care if it takes a year.

I had waffles (with tons of syrup) for Sunday breakfast with sausage, a very healthy serving of apple crisp and ice cream in the evening for dessert. This is an awesome way of life. I now eat to feel good. I am more at peace with myself then I have ever been.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:11 pm

Yay Sandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am thrilled for you!!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

JWL

Post by JWL » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:20 pm

Congratulations Sandy!

I continue to be awed by No-S: it controls unhealthy aspects of dieting in terms of overeating, and allows healthy aspects of eating to thrive (no guilt, enjoying the food we eat, etc).

That's great news!
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

Shameless Hussey

Re: Monthly weigh in

Post by Shameless Hussey » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:55 pm

Sandy wrote:This is an awesome way of life. I now eat to feel good. I am more at peace with myself then I have ever been.
YEAAAAAAAA Sandy!

You are where I want to be. Keep going!

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:39 pm

Thanks for all the yippees...

Shameless Hussey, it is so worth it to say no on certain days to feel better on the majority of days. I now eat to feel good everyday because I love healthy foods as much as fattening foods. I crave salads and spinach and fish and limit the items that bog me down.

Sunday night is still my hardest time. I know its the last hurrah before I begin again, however this past Sunday I was much better since the previous Sunday I couldn't sleep because I had so much junk in my stomach.

Someone else said on this board that weekends are now special - I agree, I look forward to them like a kid.

I also have to say that we had tons of halloween candy around last night and I know I could have counted it as an S day, but I really didn't want to and didn't. I have stopped looking for loopholes.

Stick with it.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:18 pm

That's great news, Sandy. Especially regarding your escape to peace of mind from the "positive" food obsession of gluttony and the negative food obsession of most dieting.

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:08 pm

Congratulations! A 4 pound loss over 4 weeks is a perfectly healthy rate. Weight loss is typically most effective if taken off in chunks of no more than 1 to 2 pounds per week. You're right on track and doing great.

It truly is amazing how free No-S allows you to feel. It's like a weight has been lifted and you can achieve results while needing only to conform to a lifestyle that is completely comfortable and rewarding.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Kudos on the loss and the gain of sane habits!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)