Hoeing

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
Finnigan

Hoeing

Post by Finnigan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:54 pm

I appologise if this is not new, but I haven't seen it before here. I gave this a try this morning and liked it. I really felt it in my forearm.

I will mention, I really think you need to be careful with your back on this one! Don't overbalance yourself.

The basic idea is using the SG like a hoe. The head of the SG is the head of the hoe. Now, you don't actually whack the SG into the floor or ground, but you make a hoeing motion.

I'm sorry, but without going into painfully boreing verbiage I don't know how to describe it better, and I don't have access to youtube from here to search for a video of someone using a hoe.