My turn

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Dandelion

My turn

Post by Dandelion » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Today marks six months for me. The scale may be down only 8 pounds, but the clothes in my closet tell a different story. I'm down two sizes, so methinks the scale lies :)

It feels like a crossroad to me. Where S days were likened with removing the training wheels, where I am now feels like I've added wings. The calendar is green and yellow without thought or effort. S days are the best of all possible esses - sane and sensible, yet sublime. I feel like myself again and life is so much more enjoyable.

The next step for me is to make No S even less obtrusive than it already is. I am going to back away from the board, ditch that useless scale and go about living.

It isn't an easy thing to do. There are many here who feel like friends to me, but I feel like it's what I need to do now. I will check in the later this week so if anyone is interested in keeping in touch through email or chat, etc, PM me. Otherwise I plan to be back in the fall for a one-year update ( after all, everyone knows how hard it is to get rid of dandelions ) :)
'I do think the way to a full and healthy life is to adopt the sensible system of small helpings, no seconds, no snacking, and a little bit of everything. Above all, have a good time.' Julia Child

NoelFigart

Re: My turn

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Dandelion wrote: The next step for me is to make No S even less obtrusive than it already is. I am going to back away from the board, ditch that useless scale and go about living.
Well, while we'll miss you, I don't think anyone expects you to live on the board. I think it's WONDERFUL that you have made No-S such a strong habit. Congratulations.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Dandelion,

Congratulations!

Oh, the scale certainly lies. And even when it's telling the truth it isn't always about the right thing.

I hear you about blogs and bulletin boards in general (and even our lovely board here) being a potential problem, something to obsess about. As the "founder," I feel a sense of obligation to make a daily (well, n-daily) appearance, but I've got limits (blimits) in place to keep it from being much more than that. Systematic moderation even in bulletin board moderation. :-)

Best of luck and looking forward to an occasional hello!

Reinhard

Starla

Post by Starla » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Congratulatons, Dandelion! I'll certainly miss my No S soulmate, but I'm thrilled that you have so internalized the system. I'm very thankful that we started this together and were there to cheer each other on.

Have a wonderful life!

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Dandelion, I'll miss you, but I'm delighted that you've done so well. Congratulations on your progress! Do check in periodically. :)