Linda's Daily Checkup

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lallen

Linda's Daily Checkup

Post by lallen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:11 pm

This is going to be where I'll give myself a "checkup" on progress made or delayed. Today is the first day on the NoS diet-scary but exciting. I'm a long time sugar addict who has been on countless diets-sane and insane.
So-here's to trying one more that sounds like it goes straight to the heart of the matter. My challenge right now is coping with dieting without much exercise thanks to a couple of stress fractures on my foot 6 wks. ago-just found out I have 6 more weeks on "light " duty. So no walking/running or biking. That is affecting me mentally and emotionally. Any ideas? Thanks. Linda

navin

Post by navin » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:22 am

What about swimming? Of course, if you're in a cast or something, then that won't work. :oops:

Perhaps you could do some abdominal type exercises... those could run the gamut from plain ol' sit-ups to using one of those exercies balls to Shovelglove (maybe) to the machines at the gym.

Something like tai chi might also be an option.

Good luck!
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

lallen

Post by lallen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:50 am

Thanks for the exercise tips-checked out the shovelglove site..interesting! First time I'd heard of that but come to think of it I used to do some "shovel glove" workouts back when it was part of making a living! I'd alot rather do something productive like that instead of using gym machines but swimming is probably the best option right now. Now if I can just get my body there! 8) Linda