Legs!

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
acs

Legs!

Post by acs » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:17 pm

Oddly enough, after four days, I'm feeling it most in my legs. Specifically the big muscle at the back of the thigh. I didn't expect to be working those....

I've been better with my sledge than I have been with the diet. Something very satisifying about swinging that thing around!

JWL

Post by JWL » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:59 pm

definitely very satisfying. It's almost, for me, like shugging is the reward for No-Sing.....
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:20 am

the big muscle at the back of the thigh
LOL.... Feel the burn!
Those be yo hamstrings Bro..

If you are bending a lot at your waist, and those are tight anyway, then you will get extra pull on them everytime you bend down to shovel...
They attach at the hip and you are probably pulling the hip along as you bend down with your back...
Can you touch your toes when you sit on the floor with straight legs?
If not, then they're probably pretty tight..

Later.
LOL..
Peace,
8) Deb

acs

Post by acs » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:32 am

I can't remember the last time I was able to touch my toes.

No, I really mean it! If I ever was able to, it was before my earliest conscious memories (about age three). That's over thirty years ago! <sigh> I'm getting old.

I love it. I think this is the first time I've ever really enjoyed excercise. I'm finally starting to understand people who say that it's addictive.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:36 pm

Oh yeah! It's addictive. So addictive. I actually *miss* doing it on weekends now!!!

Glad it's working out for you.
C.

(who also cannot touch her toes and hasn't been able to in living memory either)
CaroleJo