Sonrisa's first day!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sonrisa

Sonrisa's first day!

Post by sonrisa » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:17 am

:D Hey yall, today was my first day on the NoS diet. Although i am craving MADLY for a snack right now, i haven't broken the diet yet! 20 more gruesome days...[/b]

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:37 am

Hi Sonrisa,

Hope your first day went well. Welcome to NoS. It does get easier doing this. The hard stuff really is all up front.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:29 am

Hey Sonrisa!
Your name makes me "smile" LOL...
If you are craving a non-sweet snack, like pretzles or popcorn you can still have some with your meal.. Just don't eat between meals...
My first week of NoS was challenging for the first few days, while my body got used to feeling normal hunger again before mealtime... But it gets better before the week is out. You probably will notice a difference within two or three days...
Snacking is probably the easiest of the S's that people deal with here...
Those snack impulses will diminish greatly once you realize it's just an impulsive habit, and not really necessary...
How did you find NoS?
Good luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Debbie

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:11 pm

Welcome, Sonrisa! You have your very own emoticons here.... :D :)

As to snack cravings...you'll adjust after a while and they'll disappear.

Kevin

snack urges

Post by Kevin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:23 pm

For some of us, the snacking urge is the hardest to overcome, but you can do it. My long stretch is lunch to dinner because we eat dinner fairly late. It's a tough one, but I've overcome it.

You're doing this during the worst possible month - when everyone brings stuff to work, expects others to partake, etc. If you get through December, your habit will be case-hardened. You'll be on your way to a healthier, more fit 2006.

Remember, enjoy your S days. Go a little nuts if you have to. You'll soon realize what gluttony is, and you'll hit a happy S day balance.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."