cholesterol dropped

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cvmom

cholesterol dropped

Post by cvmom » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:33 pm

Hello Reinhard et. all.

Last fall I had a blood profile that showed my cholesterol at 203. It worried me because I used to have low cholesterol.

I am happy to report that this year's blood profile showed my cholesterol at 188!! That is after doing No S for six months. (I tested right after Thanksgiving weekend so who knows how much fat and junk was running through my bloodstream!!)

I think my cholesterol could be a little bit lower but I'm not worried. It is in the normal range.

Again, many thanks Reinhard. My heart thanks you too!!!!

Dru

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:46 am

Wow Dru!!! That is fantastic!!!
Hugs to you and your wonderful Heart!!! :wink:

When I lived in NOLA back in 1993-1996 my cholesterol was around 320!!!!!!!!

Then after a year of being back in NY I lowered it to 200...

Amazing what those deep fried 12 inch oyster poboys drenched in mayo eaten on a regular basis will do to ya... :shock:

Also, cholesterol is strongly influenced by our stress levels, as it is a stress hormone byproduct (okay biologists feel free to correct any misinterpretations.. My A&P notes are fading in my brain after three years...)
The higher your cortisol levels the higher the cholesterol...

Not only does NoS help us with consuming less crap and lowering our fat, but also, it really helps reduce day to day stress!!!
All hail Reinhard the Cholesterol Tamer!!!

LOL..
Love,
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:06 am

Yeah Dru, what Deb said, congrats and stuff!

I noticed a similar drop in cholesterol in myself after losing the first 10 lbs or so.. it's as if my body had some threshhold of fat it could endure, and I had crossed that line. And it has remained pretty steady (at normal levels) since... though I probably ought to get it measured again since it's been a while.

Hmm, maybe we're on to something... eating like a normal person might just be good for your health. :)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:40 am

My cholesterol has always been low, even in my triple whopper days (good genes) so I've never been particularly worried about this myself, but it's good to hear! Congratulations.