My wife's first comments...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

My wife's first comments...

Post by storm fox » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:17 am

I told her I will be going on a diet, and she asked why, so I explained and she asked, "what diet?" So I told her about No S and she said very plainly, "so, you're just going to eat like a normal person?" Funny, I usually eat like 2-3 normal people. It's strange how a spouse can reveal things to you that you don't normally think about.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:46 am

Hi Storm and and Company~
How's your weightlifting these days???
Welcome aboard the "Normal" diet!
LOL..

Peace and Love,
Deb

storm fox

lifting things...

Post by storm fox » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:10 am

Hi, Deb! The lifting is doing just fine. I have been doing mostly kettlebells because I really like them. As a consequence, my overhead lifting and pulling have improved a good deal for me(170# log is a working weight, and I have a nifty little 400# Deadlift last I checked). As far as the kettlebelling goes, I'm really having a great time. Even though I do it by the clock, most times it's play!

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:21 am

I used to eat like 2 or 3 normal people too :)
It's good to be reminded that no s is a normal way to eat because today I felt a bit abnormal when everone else was having morning tea at work and I just stood around watching everyone else eat.
Thats why I keep coming to read this board, everything is easier if you know you're not the only one doing it.

Inge

Post by Inge » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:52 pm

It seems that "normal" eating is becoming a minority position, as many I talk to report their eating is all over the board, depending on their schedule, kids' schedules, social events, bad weather, many other variables that seem to be making "3 squares" an anachronism.

Still, the value of being on a regular schedule seems priceless to me. It does mean saying No Thanks more than I'd like. But still.

Thanks,
Inge

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:16 am

As a consequence, my overhead lifting and pulling have improved a good deal for me(170# log is a working weight, and I have a nifty little 400# Deadlift last I checked).
You must look like Superman!!! LOL..

Do you still have your antique 20 lb sledge found in the sludge?? LOL...

Enjoy your Kettlebells.. Do you go on Dragon door?

This guy I used to like from Shovelglove, Richard Spears, mentioned that it was a great site for Kettlebells...

Sadly he seems to have gone to another place and I haven't heard from him for about 9 months!
Sniff....

Peace and Love,
8) Deb