Murphysraven Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Murphysraven

Murphysraven Daily Check In

Post by Murphysraven » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:15 pm

Well I'll give a brief overview of last week and my S-day's.

I started pretty much on a tuesday. [Success]

Wensday - it was very busy at work and I was eating my breakfast and lunch portions pretty much through the entire day. I do not think this coinsides with the plan so I decided I need to eat my meals pretty much in one sitting (within a hour?) [not sure of Success rate]

Thursday - got really hungry and had 1 handful (no really, I only took out 1 handful and put the bag back in my desk drawer) of almonds to get my through the afternoon. [Not completely successful]

Friday - had my three meals but had an ice cream cone after dinner :x [Not completely successful]

My first S-days

Sat - Went Spulunking through a large lava tube for about 3 hours. Did fairly well on my eating. Had a normal breakfast, a light lunch in the cave (a corned beef sandwich) I did graze a bit of some candy and beef jerky but not nearly as bad as I though I would be. Dinner was a treat (i had a BLT with turkey and Avacado w/fries) and an icecream cone later that night. still a little overboard for what I should be eating

Sunday was a total sloth day. Normal breakfast. chips for lunch :? and a normal dinner I stayed in my pj and played an online game almost all day. Talk about lazy!

I think for me for the first few weeks or so I am going to journal just what I eat and when so I can get an idea of how it's going. While I hate doing calculations I do find journaling helps me personally with being accountable for what I am eating. that way I can start seeing trends as to when I am hungry and what I ate that helped me through the hours till the next meal.
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:05 pm

"Total sloth day"...I love that!

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:30 pm

heh, well it was a total lazy day. I feel kinda guilty for just sitten around in my pj's in frount of my computer ALL day. But sometimes that just the sort of day you need
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

deeyala F

Post by deeyala F » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:05 am

i think journaling helps... it makes you work better at things because u feel like you re reporting to someone(yourself) and you want to make that someone proud...not that i actually do it with nosdiet,, i do that with studying though.. and personally i think the days i journal runs much smoother than the ones i don't.... but it requires too much brain effort ....and i am not so sure about being able to do so on daily basis...
good luck

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:20 pm

I think what was a big pain in the rear for me what trying to figure out the point values whan I was on weight watchers. Writing down what I eat and at what time is fairly simple for me. I use a blank check register to record in. That way if I ever get the urge to estimate point values to compair the nos diet with WW I can. It would be interesting to see if using the nosdiet gives me the same daily allowance that WW does..

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:29 pm

Checking in

Monday -
9:15A Breakfast = Instant oatmeal
1:50P Lunch = Corned beef sandwich & Banana
6:30P Dinner = Fried Chicked, sm amount of spinach pasta & a Take 5 Bar

Sugar :?
Snacks :D
Seconds :D

Tuesday -
9:30A Breakfast = Banana & Yogurt
1:30P Lunch = 1pc of fried Chicken and about 1/2 cup mashed potatos
6:45P Dinner = Scrambled eggs w/bacon bits, Corned beef hash & an english muffin
10:00P - Ice Cream Cone :evil:

Sugar :?
Snacks :?

Wensday - (so far)
11:30A Breakfast = Eggs and Hash leftovers

I was running late and work was busy so I didn't get a chance to get to my breakfast till almost lunch. There are so many goodies here today that were so tempting to nibble on at my lunch but I decided to do some Urban Rangering instead. Now my legs are doing that funny muscle jumping thing. :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:46 pm

I'm seeing more smileys than frownies here (and fortunately only one satanic grimace). Keep slugging it out, I think you're getting there. Looking forward to a triple smiley day...

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:03 pm

Leaving off from Wensday (6/8 )

Even though I got off to a very late start I made it through to dinner without any problems.
Dinner = Steak Potato and corn

30 min Urban Ranger

Sweets :D

--------------

Thursday 6/8

10:30A Breakfast = Yogurt
1:00P Lunch = Corned beef sandwich and soy chips (which I actually really like, are low cal and provide soy protein)
3:30P snack = sm Green Apple (smaller then my closed fist)
6:15P Dinner = Steak and sm potato

30 min Urban Ranger
1 hr bellydancing class

Snacks :?

-------------

Friday 6/10

9:00a Breakfast = Instant Oatmeal and bagle and cream cheese
3:00P Lunch = Creamy Parmisan Chicken (smart one's microwave meal, I was lazy and didn't want to pack a lunch)
6:30P Dinner = Probably about 2oz leftover ham. and a Pretzel hotdog

I'll post about my s-days after they're done

At least when I snack it's usually something fairly healthy and hopefully only when I am hungry. I feel smaller already but I refuse to weight myself till the end of the month. My hope os that the weight loss will seem a lot larger and will inspire me to keep at the no-s plan.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:05 pm

Well as per usual I dropped off the journaling kick. But that's ok because I've stuck with the noS kick! :D

It's forming a habit. I hardly ever eat snacks, even on weekends! My meals are a lot smaller and much better choices. My candy and processed junk cravings have been halved.

I was going to wait to weight in till after a full month had passed but it's close enough now to see some progress and I got curious.

I think I was about 226 or so from what I remember, my weight can fluctuate about 3 lbs during a day. Well I weighed myself this morning and I am 118 !!! about 7 lbs in 24days. That is a perfectly healthy weight loss, right about 2 lbs a week. And I haven't even picked up the shovelglove aspect yet!

I got my first "are you loosing weight?" compliment from a coworker, which is always great to hear and really drives home that this is working!

I'v looking forward to checking pack in and showing more loss in 3-4 weeks

Kevin

Great work!

Post by Kevin » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:33 am

I think I was about 226 or so from what I remember, my weight can fluctuate about 3 lbs during a day. Well I weighed myself this morning and I am 118 !!! about 7 lbs in 24days. That is a perfectly healthy weight loss, right about 2 lbs a week. And I haven't even picked up the shovelglove aspect yet!
I was a bit alarmed before I realized you were 126 before you started the diet... now that would be a weight loss record!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:05 pm

HAHA my typo, that would be a weight loss! when in fact the typo was that I am 218 now. I think weight 118 I would look skeletal

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:44 pm

Congrats Murphysraven! You look like you are going great!
By the way, I think I mentioned this sometime before, hmmm?
What part of Washington do you live in? In the early nineties I lived in Seattle for a year and then Bellingham for half a year...
Wow, that had to be the most gorgeous place I have ever been!

Keep it up! But please try to lose more normally okay? 100 lbs a week is a bit extreme! LOL... :P
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:27 pm

Thanks Deb I live across the lake from Seattle. Born and raised here. Suprisingly enough I don't have moss growing on my skin. I do agree it's a lovely area