Niruma's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

niruma

Niruma's Daily Check-In

Post by niruma » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:58 am

Hi,

My Nos diet starts officially from today.....

Start Weight - 198 Pds
Start Date - 04 Dec 05
End Date - 25 Dec 05

(So i can plan for a good christmas reward if i get my target right :D )

Target Weight (by christmas) - 194 Pds.

Shall post Statistics tomorrow.

Format for Posting Status

Date :

S / F :

Funny Stuff:
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:42 am

Date : 04 Dec 2005

S / F : SUCCESS

Funny Stuff: I saw a lot of chohclates but somehow my mind was reciting the mantra "No sweets. No snacks. No Seconds".

I was surprised at my own self....But am happy.
Regards,
Uma

Lane

Post by Lane » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:23 am

Good for you! We've ALL had to recite the same chant at times. I've walked into the kitchen at night and had to do a 180 in my socks. But I tell myself that it's just a little while 'til my next real meal. I NEVER had that luxury with other plans -- Weight Watchers & LA Weight Loss included.

It won't be long that it'll be easier!

Lane

niruma

Post by niruma » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:46 am

Date: 05 Dec 05

S/F: SUCCESS

Funny Stuff - yeaterday was pretty normal and uneventful. I have replaced my evening snack with a fruit. Usually i would have some chips etc but now i am having a fruit.. and i have noticed that i am more full than earlier.

Have a great day.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:58 am

Date : 06/Dec/2005

Funny Stuff:

Nothing significant except that i am surprised at the 3 day progress. for me tomorrow is an S day - because its weekend here .... yesterday i went to a shop and DH was askign me if i want to eat this and eat that - and i was refusing - because it was a sweet or snack. Finally i got fruit juice because there were no fruits at home.

Am happy the way its going so far :D
Regards,
Uma

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:41 am

Good for you Niruma!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

niruma

Post by niruma » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:40 am

Date : 07/Dec/2005

Funny Stuff:

I am now getting the hang of it - so will start working towards reducing my "Generous" first servings - but i will do it really slowly . am in no hurry.

Am glad its going smooth.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:42 am

Date : 08 and 09 /Dec/2005

S / F : S DAYS

What I Did:

I ate chochlate and also ate ice cream. i prepared some spl traditional dishes at home for lunch so had second helpings as well. Yesterday night me and DH went out for chinese dinner. I had a feast. I guess i won't be this celebrating all the time but this is the first S cycle so i forgive myself. Next week onwards i will be more vigilant even during the S days.
Regards,
Uma

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:56 am

Glad you had some nice S days Niruma!
Have a nice week :)

Om Shanti,

8) Deb

niruma

Post by niruma » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:43 am

Date : 10/Dec/2005

S / F : S(alary) DAY

What I Did:

I had veg burger and fries after taking my pay - so i skipped dinner and had butter milk. Well so i thought salary day is actually an S day.

So my No S days begin again.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:42 am

[b]Date : 11/Dec/2005 [/b]

S / F : FAILURE

Funny Stuff:

I felt too tempted and ate a muffin after lunch - so that was actually a sweet snack. Felt guilty later - but i guess admitting helps.

I have to be more strict with myself and avoid such slip ups. Shall do it seriously for my own sake
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:49 am

b]Date : 12/Dec/2005 [/b]

Funny Stuff: I was fine yesterday. Had fruit juice insteadof my fruit - but its better than snacking.

But somehow i noticed that i felt hungrier at dinner time when i had a fruit juice, fruit helped me fell full for longer.. all the fibre i guess.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:00 am

Date : 13/Dec/2005

Funny Stuff:

It was fine yesterday except that i had an unusually heavy dinner -was really hungry and i had 4-5 varieties ot eat so ended up feeling heavy.

i did not have a second of anything but still maybe because i had rice rather than chapathi i felt like that.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:50 am

Date : 14/Dec/2005

S / F : FAILURE

Funny Stuff:
I was fine the whole day - in the evening we went grocery shopping and i got tempted and had an icecream.

then i realized - if i would have waited for just 12 hrs- it was my S-day - but the damage is already done - so i guess i have to be more in control of what i buy myself. :-(
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:52 am

Date : 15 & 16 /Dec/2005

S / F : S Days

What i did = Was careful in General but allowed myself to have a small chochlate and some piece of cake etc.

Food prepared at home has very little oil anyways so that was not a problem. Had dinner outside yesterday. Filled up with a fruit juice and ate less..
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:39 am

Date : 17/Dec/2005

S / F : Success

Funny Stuff:
It was a routine thing yesterday - except i felt very strongly to eat something between the fruit and dinner - but i managed.. peeked into the kitchen and nibbled on some boiled veggies... which were being made for the dinner.. but overally it was fine.

PS: i have bought some ginseng coffee it helps regulate bowel movements. PPl around me are giving great testimonials abt it so am checking it out. It tastes Yummy though :-)
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:45 am

Date : 18/Dec/2005

S / F : Success

Funny Stuff:
Nothng special except that i am feeling sick - my throat is having a burning sensation and have also got a sudden cold.

I just hope that i am fine - else my son will also get the cold from me and then it will be really difficult.

Otherwise it was fine.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:41 am

Date : 19/Dec/2005

S / F : Sick Day

Funny Stuff:
I was sick btu felt like eating - this happens iwth me - when i am sick i look for comfort food.

I ate Sub - 6 " for dinner- since i am a vegetarian i are it with Paneer. But anyways am takign medicines and will resume this probably from Saturday because my S days are round the corner.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:12 am

Date : 20/Dec/2005

S / F : Sick Day

Funny Stuff:
The antibiotics make me feel really hungry - ate like a pig. Shall stop myself from tomorrow.Hope it goes smoother. This weekend i plant to do No S days.. because i got them here.
Regards,
Uma

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:33 am

I dunno... I think you should leave your weekend S days alone, personally. Otherwise it's like you taking revenge on yourself for getting sick, which just isn't the right mental frame to be doing this in.

Hope you feel better soon.
C.
CaroleJo

niruma

Post by niruma » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:48 am

Date : 21/22/23/Dec/2005

S / F : Sick Day and Sdays

Funny Stuff:
i did finally leave my weekends as S-days. not that i went overboard - but that i was not totally fine.

Carlo - i finally paid heed to your advice. Am better now - but the cold and cough are still there and i have a hangover because of that.

Anyways am better off working at office than sitting at home.
Hope it sets right soon.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:31 am

Date : 24/Dec/2005

Funny Stuff:
Was fine - but there are so many goodies around Christmas. Lets see how this goes. It was fine for today.

Tomorrow is christmas so i guess i will have some cake or some such thing.
Regards,
Uma

niruma

Post by niruma » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:37 am

Date : 25/Dec/2005

Funny Stuff:
It was christmas - but i managed to stay away from cake at office and also at home. Am so happy that i could pull it off yesterday.

I hope i reach my goal of 190 Pds byt the end of the coming week - lets see.
Regards,
Uma

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:04 pm

Good luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb