Cold carrot soup...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Cold carrot soup...

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:26 pm

Hey all!
I got creative with the items in the fridge today and created a nice cold soup which I think is delicious!
And sooooo healthy!

Take about a cup of organic baby carrots
3/4 cup of lowfat buttermilk
Then use a combination of these spices to taste.. Perhaps about 1/3 of a teaspoon each.. (except the black pepper.. just a shake...)
Garlic
Cayenne pepper
Salt
Black Pepper

Then I added a half teaspoon of a pre made garlic/curry chutney, but you can just use straight yellow curry powder...

I also added a few slices of orange for tang and sweetness, plus a teaspoon of sour cream, and a teaspoon of turbinado sugar...
Probably, if I had some raisins, I would have used a few of those instead of the straight sugar, or (Hey Peetie) maybe a few prunes!!!

Then you just blend the whole thing until it's totally liquified....
Serve cold...

This is a nice way to sneak in a serving of dairy and a few servings of veggies... Plus the fact that it's not heated, keeps the integrity of the vitamins intact... I felt pretty satisfied by adding this to my meal today, and it's very NoS friendly.. Plus really yummy!

Try it! It's a new fave for me :)

Peace, Love and Betacarotene.... :lol:
8) Deb