SkinnyNotes

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

used2bskinny

SkinnyNotes

Post by used2bskinny » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Yesterday (Wed) was my first day on No S and i did really well up until the evening when I gave in and ate two sugar free chocolate puddings, But i realise that at this stage it is all about setting up new habits so i will try again today. Maybe i will only eat 1 sugar free chocolate pudding tonight!

Used2bSkinny

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Used2B, and welcome. I wish you the best. I'd advise eating a plenty heavy plate of supper each nite if later snacks are a big temptation... and have a thermos of herbal tea and an early night. I'm sure you'll find your way.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Idle hands are the devil's playthings.

Seriously, after dinner, find something interesting to do. It'll make not eating much easier.

This will pass in a while. I never eat after dinner anymore, not even on S days. I sleep so much better on an empty stomach.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

r.jean

Good work

Post by r.jean » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:32 pm

If the only thing you did wrong was two sugar free puddings, that was not bad at all. If we were all perfect, we would not be here. :arrow: :mrgreen:
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 pm

WELL SAID, r. jean!! :) :D :) :D :wink: