OlderandGettingWiser's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BeingGreen

OlderandGettingWiser's Check-in

Post by BeingGreen » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:30 pm

I've been away, doing No S sporadically. I've been having trouble with some wild S days and few too many wild red days.

I've gone totally vegan which makes me feel very peaceful, but unfortunately junk food still calls to me too often! Having first tried No S starting way back in September 2008, I know that every time I stray and then come back, I always feel like I'm coming home. That's how I know it's my one and only plan for life. It's sane, simple yet challenging, and it works for me.

Checking in regularly will help me to focus. Reading your posts will give me support and make me feel less alone in my pursuit. Habitcal here I come!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Good luck with it this time. Glad you are back.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks Kevin!

Yesterday was a solid green day.
B: Rye toast, almond butter, greens, coffee with soy/rice milk blend
L: Black beans, brown rice, cabbage salad, amasake beverage
D: Tofu burger on lettuce, topped with sauteed mushrooms, onions, & raddichio, roasted carrots & parsnips, date rolled in chopped almonds

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Tuesday green.

B: Ezekial Golden flax cereal, Eden soy blend (ESB), greens
L: Friend's potluck (Indian food): chickpeas, rice pilaf, corn and apple salad, steamed rice dumpling with coconut chutney
D: Black beans, brown rice, carrot salad, date roll, glass of white wine at book club

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Nice S day Wednesday! My DD's 8th b-day :D

B: Pumpernickle bread with PB; greens
L: Carrots & hummus; warm tomato salad on lettuce; quinoa with veggie melange
D: Edamame; grilled eggplant, zucchini, & marinara; cooked pumpkin; carrot cake :D

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:03 am

Thursday green.

B: Hot muesli; ESB; greens
L: Vegan tempeh "B.L.T." on pumpernickle; brussels sprouts with mustard-miso dressing
D: Marinated adzuki beans with onions; brown rice; carrot salad; date roll with pecans

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:29 am

Friday green.

B: Red River hot cereal; ESB; greens
L: Brown rice nori temaki; tempeh lettuce wraps with mustard; carrots and brussels sprouts with lemon miso dressing
2:30pm: 8oz vegetable juice
D: Lentil, corn, and red pepper salad on bed of spinach with lime juice vinagrette; cooked pumpkin with pecans; date roll with coconut

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:48 am

Saturday--a nice S day.

B: Ezekial toast with sunflower butter, greens.
L: Carrots with hummus, spinach and apple salad with sunflower-white wine dressing.
D: Favorite Japanese Izakaya: Sapporo beer, tofu steak with special sauce, veggie tempura, daikon salad with sesame ginger dressing
At home: carrot cake :D

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Sunday, a fine S day.

B: Warm rolled oats and cooked pumpkin with walnuts and pecans; only ESB in coffee
L: Black beans and brown rice; red-leaf lettuce with guacamole
4:00pm: carrot juice
D: White wine; tofu scramble pizza on Ezekial tortilla; steamed collard greens; banana-coconut-date smoothie
Extras: date roll (didn't taste particularly sweet after the smoothie)

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Monday green.

B: Whole wheat toast with almond butter; roasted sweet parsnips and carrots; coconut collard greens
L: Carrots and hummus; tempeh, apple, red leaf lettuce rolls with dijon; amasake beverage
D: Grilled eggplant and zucchini with marinara; edamame; sweet potato; date roll with coconut; white wine

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:29 am

Tuesday green.

B: Sunflower seed butter on pumpernickle with roasted sweet vegetables; coconut collard greens
L: Black beans and brown rice; cabbage and kale salad with homemade lime vinagrette; carrot juice
D: L.O. Tofu scramble; baked potato with mustard; brussels sprouts with Dulcet dressing

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:19 am

Wednesday green.

B: Savory whole oats with ginger and cardamom topped with coconut and gomasio; sweet roasted vegetables; last of the coconut collard greens
L: Beets and miso-mustard spread on pumpernickel bread; carrots and hummus; apple; kale with olive oil
D: Dark beer; soba noodles, broccoli, tofu, with plenty of peanut-ginger sauce; date roll with coconut

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:02 am

Thursday green.

B: Ezekiel cereal with ESB; greens
L: Brown rice temaki rolls; edamame; stir-fried bok choy and red peppers; date roll with coconut
3:00pm: Carrot juice
D: L.O. tofu, broccoli, soba noodles with peanut sauce; apple; amaretto

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:52 am

B: Hot Red River cereal with ESB; greens
L: Carrots and hummus; brussels sprouts and beets with mustard-miso dressing; Pink Lady apple; marcona almonds; amasake beverage
D: Sauteed spinach with mirin and sesame oil; baked teriaki tofu; sweet potato with coconut milk and ginger; white wine; date roll with pecans

BeingGreen

Post by BeingGreen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

S is for Saturday.

Yellow!

B: Baked mochi with sunflowerseed butter; greens
L: Black beans and roasted corn; cabbage and kale salad with homemade vinagrette; apple
Snack: amasake; Skout Bar (dates, coconut, oats, walnuts, unsweetened chocolate)
D: Park Kitchen! Lovely coffee-rum old-fashioned cocktail; chickpea fries with squash ketchup; white wine; salad of beets, oranges; almond tahini; and a salad of celery root, chicory; and hazelnuts; coconut hot chocolate and vegan mexican chocolate bark iwth almonds for dessert at home :D