The Weather

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gk

The Weather

Post by gk » Thu May 05, 2011 3:04 am

Anyone else reach for snacks (or want to) alot more on rainy and gloomy days?

It was sunny and somewhat warm today for the first time in a long time. I noticed my cravings were cut in half and my willpower strengthened. Heck, I even had a bounce in my step.

Now, the forecast is calling for rain and gloom again tomorrow. Rats.

Funny, how the weather can have such an effect.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

I definitely eat less when it's hot out. I think there is some kind of biological craving for calories to warm you up in cold weather, because our instincts don't recognize that we now have central heating.

gk

Post by gk » Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Thalia wrote:I think there is some kind of biological craving for calories to warm you up in cold weather, because our instincts don't recognize that we now have central heating.
LOL :lol:

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Is there anyone out there who doesn't want to snack more when it is gloomy out? :shock: I felt the same way..today was our first sunny day in forever and I got so much done and never thought of grazing through the frig! I'm going outside and soak up some rays (in my sweat shirt!) and try to remember this feeling tomorrow!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Nicest of the Damned

Re: The Weather

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Fri May 06, 2011 12:49 pm

gk wrote:Anyone else reach for snacks (or want to) alot more on rainy and gloomy days?

It was sunny and somewhat warm today for the first time in a long time. I noticed my cravings were cut in half and my willpower strengthened.
I'd experienced this before.

What really got driven home for me this week, though, was how much it affects my willpower if I don't get enough sleep. And definitely not in a good way.

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Fri May 06, 2011 4:37 pm

I agree..sleep is important! So what we need is a sunny environment..not too hot, not too cold...where we have no stress or reason not to get a good night's sleep.. Know where to find that? Neither do I!! :shock:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

gk

Re: The Weather

Post by gk » Fri May 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Nicest of the Damned wrote:What really got driven home for me this week, though, was how much it affects my willpower if I don't get enough sleep. And definitely not in a good way.
I totally agree. Sleep is a big one. I tell myself to put down the good book or turn off the t.v. and go to bed, but 3/4 the time I don't. I feel like that's my "me time" to enjoy whatever and I never want to give it up. I need to remember that all the next day will be MUCH more enjoyable and easy with my diet if I just go to bed!

gk

Post by gk » Fri May 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Grammy G wrote:So what we need is a sunny environment..not too hot, not too cold...where we have no stress or reason not to get a good night's sleep.. Know where to find that? Neither do I!! :shock:
LOL! Yeah, where IS that place? I want to go there!!! :lol:

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri May 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Honolulu?
gk wrote:
Grammy G wrote:So what we need is a sunny environment..not too hot, not too cold...where we have no stress or reason not to get a good night's sleep.. Know where to find that? Neither do I!! :shock:
LOL! Yeah, where IS that place? I want to go there!!! :lol:
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Sat May 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Kevin..see if you can get a group rate! I'm in!! :D
Peace Pilgrim