Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worth it check-in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 9, 2018

40 min walk
30 mins Pilates Reformer workout

19.5/5 (?)

Just want to say thank you to everyone for their support... I am going to need it.

Oh boy, I didn’t expect that maintenance would cause me so much drama. The past few days have felt a little like my wild S days when I was doing vanilla No S! The first day of “maintenance” was pretty wild- At dinner, I ate a lot more pizza than I normally would have, but I just chalked it up to perhaps being a little hungrier since I had worked out a lot that day. Basically, I didn’t really sweat it. However, the next day, when I ate a large lunch and then proceeded to eat an equally large dinner, to the point where I was consciously stuffed....and STILL shoved dessert my mouth, I had to wonder what was going on. Although there have been some weeks where I’ve had several crazy eating days, I don’t usually have more than one day in a row, and I’m wondering if it’s perhaps a subconscious “challenge” to announcing my going into maintenance mode.

Could I really be testing myself? Could it be that I still don’t trust myself around food even after using No S/fasting seemed to have built my confidence? Ironically, my out of control journey with intuitive eating 5 years ago was what led me to No S, because I read somewhere online that doing No S was sort of like intuitive eating “with training wheels on” (I could be quoting Oolala). Anyway, today I cut back on carbs Because I noticed that when I don’t eat as many carbs for my meals I tend to not be as hungry and/or more in control of my meals. But could I be lying to myself that I’m just trying to limit my calories and/or control my eating habits instead? How will I know that cutting back on things like sweets and carbs for the purpose of “moderation” is not just another attempt to diet or essentially control my eating? What’s the difference anyway? Sigh. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought. 😬
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there! I’m not in maintenance right now but kind of saying I’m just doing 19/5 and wherever my body ends up is good. Well if I gain, I won’t be good but if I don’t lose I’m okay with that. It’s not that different than maintenance but somehow the different wording seems to help with my mindset.

It’s hard to figure out how much leeway you can give yourself now that you’re not trying to lose more weight. It seems like it’d be very freeing but somehow it didn’t end up feeling that way to me. Anyway, can you just keep fasting in a comfortable window and eat to satiety when you do eat?

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs;
9/18-154 lbs;

Instagram "lpearlmom"
Soprano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this really interesting because I don't ever see me eating any differently in the future to how I do now I just assume my body will reach a good weight and maintain it with no change from me.

For me thats what the plan has been about. The only thing I might change is how often I weigh.

I know it's called nos diet but I just don't see it as a diet. It's about learning to eat in a moderate way for life.

I know you've been fasting which from what I've observed on fasting boards has two types of people those that use it to lose weight then stop and because they've treated it as a diet have the diet rebound and those that use it for health and never stop.

I think what I'm clumsily trying to say is to lose weight and keep it off you need permanent diet and mental changes.

Jx
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not fond of goal weights. Yes, I do think it could be messing with you.

Unless you had drastically reduced your intake, it takes only a couple of hundred calories, if that, to keep a body from continuing to lose. That’s really just a few more bites at each meal. But so what if it takes a little time to find your range? And it probably won’t be the same amount of food every day.

You’ll get it!
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Mar/18 22.2

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
automatedeating

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to piggy-back a bit on what Soprano said, I also was a bit confused when I read the post (and Linda's shared experience). I am still not sure why I don't quite relate, but I think it might be what Soprano said - that I consider my NoS (and my personal mods) to be my "way of eating". If I started gaining, I'd reevaluate. I doubt we ever can just do the same thing for ever - our metabolisms like to change on us.

But even though I'm sorry I don't relate to the issue, my gut feeling is the same as Linda's suggestion of just finding some eating window you like (and feel is happily sustainable), and doing that one as long as it is working for you. Switch it up if you start gaining.
worth it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 10, 2018

(Will be) 19/5
35 mins Pilates Reformer workout

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback and thoughts.

Linda, thank you particularly for your suggestion- I think perhaps it was just my declaring that I was going into maintenance that just messed with my mind-who knows? Maybe it made me panic that I’d have nothing to obsess/over analyze about any longer? But I’m with you- I’ll just “do maintenance” without yelling it from the rooftops.

As mentioned in my previous posts, I’ll just continue to do 19/5 like I have been for the past year and try not to think too much about it. If I throw a couple of low carb days in there or overeat a couple of days here and there, I’ll try not to over-analyze that I’m trying to control my weight vs. simply trying to moderate my eating. Either way, I’m not willing to do anything different than 19/5- which has changed my health and life in so many ways. I’m sure my eating will eventually end up “balanced” within my eating window. So onwards!
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m guessing maintenance feels different for us IFers because there’s so many different IF schedules to choose from whereas NoS is NoS maintenance or not. I like 19/5 though too. It’s short enough to get Appetite Correction but long enough to be relatively easy and, therefore, sustainable.

You’ve got this!

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs;
9/18-154 lbs;

Instagram "lpearlmom"
automatedeating

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lpearlmom wrote:
I’m guessing maintenance feels different for us IFers because there’s so many different IF schedules to choose from whereas NoS is NoS maintenance or not.

Bingo. I think you've hit on it. The very great number of choices can maybe be overwhelming.

And worth it - yes onwards!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: