Casey's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Casey

Casey's check in

Post by Casey » Fri May 20, 2005 12:56 pm

Hi you found my daily check in thanks for popping in and saying hi or telling me what you think.

Just settting up. I need to figure out times I want to eat. No vertical stacking...

I never eat when I first get up...I cant even function till my first cup of coffee..and sadly Im going to have to add atleast 1 very small tbs. of sugar. The stuff is NASTYYYY w/o it.

Did I hear that carbs turn into sugar if not burn off??
Last edited by Casey on Fri May 20, 2005 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casey

Post by Casey » Fri May 20, 2005 1:43 pm

Day 1 8:38 am I just looked at everything to eat in my house..it ALL has sugar in it. So, I had to find something ..b/c I dont want to starve so I found the smallest amount of sugar food and ate that. It was a turky it had less then 1 gram of sugar. I saw that cheerios has the same ..but if I add the milk it the milk itself has 11 grams of sugar. So I ate two peices of turkey rolled up and drinking my coffee...yummie whada breakfast. :roll: I did see my yummie blueberry bagels I usually eat....and I didnt even want one... :D

mental note: I need to go shopping for eggs, tuna, freash fruits.

11:30 Since I didnt eat a very big breakfast (two slices of turkey rolled up..I was starving. So, I ate a sooner then I wanted to lunch...gosh its going to be a long day. :? I thought this was goingto be easy..lol...*smack* in the face...

I ate two small burritos. Also Im drinking a big old jug of water.

Now I get to shovelglove !!! :mrgreen: Im such a dork...

I had so much fun shovelgloving..lol..I swear If anyone saw me they would have cracked up. My name is grace...I never felt so clumsy in my life. Once my mucels (sp) tone up Im sure it will be so much easier..lol..Wow this going to be adventure !!!
Last edited by Casey on Fri May 20, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ariel King

NoS isn't "sugar-free", I think

Post by Ariel King » Fri May 20, 2005 6:59 pm

Hi Casey. Congrats on starting Nos! I just wanted to mention that I think you're being a little too strict about the sugar thing. As I understand it, NoS doesn't forbid all foods that contain ANY sugar at all. What it forbids, during the week, is foods that obviously derive most or all of their calories from sugar: e.g., desserts of any kind, soft drinks, candy, etc. It is not meant to be a sugar-free or low-carb diet. Reinhard's description of what he considers "sweets" is here:
http://www.nosdiet.com/#sweets

Reinhard or anyone, correct me if I'm not communicating this well. I just thought it was important because one of the main benefits of NoS is its flexibility and how it allows you to eat "normal" foods for your meals. This is not the kind of diet that requires you to go through your kitchen and throw out 90% of the foods that you already have. Another important point is that you need to make sure you eat enough (within the 1-plate rule) at each meal, so you won't get too hungry and be tempted to snack between meals. Hope this helps!

Casey

Post by Casey » Fri May 20, 2005 7:12 pm

Ariel King- Thanks for clearing that up :D I do want to stay as low sugar if possiable.

Casey

Post by Casey » Mon May 23, 2005 2:55 am

Im getting so excited about the up coming week !! Whoo Hoo !! Shovelgloving 100% !!! :D :lol: Overthe weekens my arms were so sore !! LOL And that was only one day after I did it. Can you say...OUT OF SHAPE !!! LOL

Casey

Post by Casey » Tue May 24, 2005 12:09 am

Well today..I tried my hardest not to snack..I did ok. I will try not to be so hard on myself. I can be extremly hard on myself... and I dont like to make mistakes...but It OK if I make a mistake..and have snack..just try harder next time !!!

I did workout today...Whoo Hooo !!!! :D

deeyala F

Post by deeyala F » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:55 pm

hi casey
i like the way ur thread looks :) i just had to tell you.....!
and the little mouse... adorable
good luck on Nos :lol: