Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sledge selection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abelincoln

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: sledge selection Reply with quote

Question, any ideas on good sledge options, i'm thinking of going from 8 to 12 pounds. Right now i use a collins fiberglass handle 8 lb sledge, not sure of handle length... i like it and have done pretty good compliance wise for 4 months...

I see the jackson hickory handle on the shovelglove store from amazon... any luck with that. Its definately economical...

12 lbs will probably be my last/first upgrade
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used both hickory and fiberglass. I like the idea of hickory better, but it wasn't an option for my current weight sledge and I have to admit I'm perfectly happy with it.

Congratulations on the good compliance so far! That's the critical thing, far more important than hickory vs. fiberglass.

Enjoy, whatever you decide.
abelincoln

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep it has been a good exercise for me! I think I will mull it over for the weekend Happy Thanksgiving
abelincoln

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 days on the 12 pound sledge it is a lot more grueling than the eight pounder

Slight muscle soreness but four months previous on the 8 pounder must have built me up good enough
slothlike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Reinhard, hickory is a better choice for Shovelglove, especially if you sand off the lacquer. Fiberglass is slippery when you get sweaty. If you're going to use the sledge for actual work get the fiberglass, it's less likely to shatter if you hit your splitting wedge with the handle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: