New moves?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Nielsio

New moves?

Post by Nielsio » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:32 pm

Not sure if these are new but:

Water pump:

Hold the SG horizontally across your upperbody, along your sholders. The side that has the weight goes up and down and the other side moves along but with much less extension.

Wheat sack:

Pretend you are throwing a sack of wheat along side your body onto a highish pile, dam or truck. So the weight starts near your right foot and ends up over your left sholder. You should be able to figure out the appropriate extension and hand positions if you think about the sack.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:48 pm

Thanks for posting there, Nielsio. The movements sound great and the real world analogies are spot on. I'll give them a try this week and let you know how it goes.

Nielsio

Post by Nielsio » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:07 am

cool

sledge

Post by sledge » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:34 pm

I do something similar to the water pump, too.
I have the weighted end outside of the knee by about two feet along with where the hand is on the handle, too. You can change the difficulty by the position of your hand in regards to the head of the sledge.
Palms down on both hands. This will tax the grip, if you do it in circuit right after the wood chop movement...at least for me it does.
I've been doing 20 wood chop/both hands, then 20 of these 'pumps' and do 3 circuits of them. Using a 16 lb'r now, and this exhausts the forearm quickly, but alos this pump movment and tha 'catchin' at this position seem to really have an affect on the triceps, too. Just my observations.

Nielsio

Post by Nielsio » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:58 pm

Underneath the tape is solid tied rope, except in the middle part with the block, which only purpose is to stop the two bars from bending towards each other.

Works fine.

sledge

Post by sledge » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:54 am

What's the weight?

Thanks!

Nielsio

Post by Nielsio » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:12 am

sledge wrote:What's the weight?

Thanks!
Around 7 kilo; which is 15 lbs?

sledge

Post by sledge » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:43 pm

Thanks for the reply!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:08 am

Nielsio,

Beautiful contraption... looks positively medieval. I underestimated you!

I tried your moves earlier this week, but they didn't quite click. Nothing unusual about that, it usually takes a few tries before I get a move down.

I'll post again when I try them next week.

Reinhard