Prepare to go clothes shopping.

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CypressOne

Prepare to go clothes shopping.

Post by CypressOne » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:28 pm

I don’t often (read: never) post testimonials/reviews of things. But since this site has been so generously free with not only content, but information, I felt it was only right to contribute.

I started “No S” a year ago when my clothes were getting TIGHT. Like hard to breathe tight. I was confused, because I thought I was doing the “right” thing. Working out (hard, very high impact) 3x a week, and “clean” eating. I was a lifetime “skinny” person, so I had never had to lose weight before. The only thing I could think of was the amount of snacking I was doing, and the fact that I had a big ole sweet tooth. A google later, I found this site—and so it began. What I loved—the process was easy to understand, I didn’t feel deprived (ok, the first two weeks were somewhat torturous), and the results were like—BAM.

I mean within a few weeks my clothes were looser. But I KEPT LOSING. I’m not saying this is a bad thing, it just caught me by surprise HOW MUCH I was eating in-between meals. Add this to the fact that a foot injury put me off exercise for 6 months. So without even working out, I lost a total of around 12 pounds over a moderate period of time (I’d say 6-8 months). Now on my body frame, 12 pounds is noticeable. I now weigh what I did in high school. To me, “No-S” is less a diet and more a lifestyle. I’m thrilled with it, to be honest. It can be, however, quite polarizing when I tried talking about it. People started asking what was going on, and when I told them, their immediate reaction was concern, not support. So now I just don’t say anything. When people say, “you’ve lost weight.” I just go, “really?!” and change the subject. Even when people want to know what I’m doing, they rarely believe me. I’m not sure why this is, but it’s a shame.

So now, my weight is more manageable, my exercise regime is much kinder to my body. Even with just dropping 12 pounds, I’m more alert and I don’t get as tired in the afternoon (maybe because my lunch is a normal portion size?). Next time you’re in the gym, pick up a 12 pound dumbbell, that’s not an insignificant amount to be carrying around. Any decrease helps the bones, joints, etc.

So thanks, No S! The benefits of this lifestyle is you get a body for life. The downside? Those clothes I wanted to be looser became WAY too big on me anyways ;) time to shop!

hhenders

Post by hhenders » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:51 am

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your story!! :-)

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:02 pm

I loved reading this! Congrats on your success.

Tombo

Post by Tombo » Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Thanks for sharing, it's great that you managed to lose even while dealing with an injury, thanks for sharing :D