No S diet here I come!

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SingingShaz

No S diet here I come!

Post by SingingShaz » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:11 pm

I read the No S Diet book a few months back, thought, what a great idea! ....Then followed it for a while until a new diet caught my eye. Unfortunately, I think my biggest problem is believing there's a quick fix weight loss plan out there, flitting from one diet to another and never getting anywhere. Not to mention the frustration of never losing any weight!

There are so many inspirational stories here from people who have stuck with the No S Diet and achieved amazing results, and I am now (finally!) convinced that this is the way forward for me and hope that I have half the determination and patience to follow this way of eating for the foreseeable future as so many others clearly have.

My pitfalls are going to be dealing with the S days where I know I will be tempted to have a blow out & undo all the good work I do during the week, so any tips and advice are very welcome!

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Welcome!

My main advice for S days is to listen to Reinhard's podcast called "S days gone wild".

Other than that, just focus on green N days at the start. And remember the fourth S "Sometimes" - there is no rule saying S days must be massive. Treats will still be available next weekend :-)

osoniye

Re: No S diet here I come!

Post by osoniye » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:47 am

SingingShaz wrote:I will be tempted to have a blow out & undo all the good work I do during the week, so any tips and advice are very welcome!
Hi, SingingShaz and welcome!
My tip would be not to look at it that way. You are establishing habit, you are not "undoing" anything, at the beginning. If you establish habit you will be doing something positive, even if it looks like the overeating on S days is putting you back.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

Red

A Beautiful thing...

Post by Red » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:39 pm

SingingShaz, I know where you're coming from, as I have been a chronic dieter for nearly 30 years.

Letting go of control is one of the hardest things to do, mostly because it's backed up by fear, which can keep you stuck in old thoughts and habits that may have only worked short term, or perhaps never worked at all.

This is the first diet ever, where I've taken a slow start, and continue to keep the faith that it will work. I've shelved my scale for now, and will just look for inches (do clothes feel bigger? Now go get the scale and look at progress!!) in the time to come.

Re-read the book, blog or whatever got you started - and realize that on S days, there are no rules.

What he's saying - is that your selections will level out over time. Your habits will change. Eat healthy and good-for-you foods, mostly greens, and you will come to enjoy the fresh beautiful salad, and push away the greasy salty chips. But hey - if you want eat a handful of greasy salty chips some S day in the future, you CAN. No obsession. No worrying. No fear. No "counting", and NO GUILT.

It's funny - but I know this stuff, because I HAVE been extreme dieting for nearly 30 years. I'm dead tired of being worried all the time, of having to be vigilant EVERY MINUTE, and then binging on so many things when I cannot take it anymore. I don't want to do that anymore. I just want to eat in a healthy way. This is it.

Don't worry about undoing anything - you're preventing some awful stuff that can happen with traditional diet approaches - believe me I know what I'm talking about.
"...skid into heaven broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” " Thank you Hunter!