Finally! Full shovelglove workout video

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
reinhard
Site Admin

Finally! Full shovelglove workout video

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:36 pm

The 14 minute video you've been waiting for for 14 years: a full shovelglove workout for beginners you can follow along with. Sorry about the wind noise. Sorry also I couldn't fit quite two complete cycles of movements in -- talking through the movements messed with my timing a bit. Consider it an unintentionally forceful illustration of "respect the timer?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8aBu4xIZRA

Ray E

Post by Ray E » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:37 pm

You look great doing those! Is this the typical pace you use when you workout, or do you move "quicker" through each movement? Thanks for sharing this.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks, Ray!

I think I move slightly quicker, I certainly don't talk so much.

When I do a "routine of sevens" normally, I easily get two and a half cycles in.

My most common personal routine these days is "the routine of 14s." Same basic idea, just 14 reps per set instead of 7. I get through one of those and top it off with squats and pushups.

In general, I've back away from the very high rep counts for some movements in the early days. I think it's safer, feels better, allows me to give equal time to a larger variety of movements, and seems to keep me just as fit.

Reinhard

Ray E

Post by Ray E » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks. I do 10 movements, but squat when I do the bale hay because I think that's what I would do if I really were bailing hay. I do 36 reps on each side with a 16lbs hammer and 32 with a 20lbser though I use 15 minutes as my cut off. I'll finish with pushups and after work one max set of pullups. My forearms are too fried to do pullups after shugging.

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:27 pm

I never thought i would say that to another man on the internet:

Show more Skin (only the upper Body)!

Srsly, i would loved to see your muscles working through the workout. First an foremost to see, what muscles-groups are working.

But second: I strongly believe, that you could inspire other with results of the combination of NoS, Urban Ranger and Shovelglove.

I know that presenting oneself topless in the internet is scary, but i would encourage you to do so. It could be the greatest selling point for the everyday systems so far.
Spend over 450 Dollar on some Systems, Gadgets and courses = Zero Results

Spend 15 Bucks for a Shovelglove + NoS-Diet= ;)

German by nature

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:00 am

Huh... I'll have to think on that!

What you say makes sense, but I have to consider the delicate feelings of my wife and easily mortified tween daughters. :-)

Reinhard

stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:11 pm

My favorite part was the adorable cat!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Thank you! He'll be happy to hear that.

He turns 20 years old this September!

(living evidence that, despite appearances, shovelglove is cat friendly!)