Tracey’s new check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Traci0829

Tracey’s new check in

Post by Traci0829 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 am

So far this week has proved unsuccessful and I’m at the top end of where I like to be weight wise. I’d like to get this system running consistently before any more holiday shenanigans!

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:39 am

Hang in there, Tracey! Tomorrow is a new day :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Traci0829

Post by Traci0829 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:10 am

Thanks, Merry! Today is a new day! I appreciate the encouragement:)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:00 am

If there were shenanigans, join the human race! How are you doing? You can tell us. It's nothing most of us haven't done, too.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Traci0829

Post by Traci0829 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Going to start checking in!
I’m being tempted by the Keto diet and all it’s promises!!!
I also restarted with Habitcal.

I’m within in 3-4 pounds of my preferred maintenance. I’m not sure how to track my progress- BMI, weight or compliance...

Today is greenish (because I did some virtual plating at lunch).

B- Coffee protein coconut oil protein drink (I can’t eat anything heavy for breakfast)
L- green protein smoothie with almond butter and cacao nibs for topping, a few carrots and sun butter and crackers, 1/4 of a kind bar (this was probably truly more than a plate)..I was stuffed
D- chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, glass of wine, 1/4 of kind bar- not really hungry but I wanted to eat with my family,

Exercise: run, 10 minute core and 10 minute Brazilian butt lift :lol:

Traci0829

Post by Traci0829 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:33 am

Today was a fail of the virtual plating type/I had to pick up my daughter in the middle of a dinner that was less than desirable!!!

I’m not sure what I ate for dinner equaled a plate but I did not eat in a fashion that was in line with no s.

calling it a fail

B- coffee protien coconut oil drink, granola bar
L- smoothie with lots of fixings; bowl of crackers, part of a bar
D- salad, turkey, part of protein bar, almonds and a few other bites of my kids’ plates

Long run, walked 2 miles, core workout

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi, Tracey!

How much would you be willing to change your eating to get that 3-4 lbs.? And is it the only reason you'd change your habits?

Despite the research on the use of a scale, I have never been able to change my eating to accommodate the scale in any sane way. I have changed it because it's either been obvious I was eating too much- rarely getting hungry or eating until way too full- or I became convinced that certain foods should play a smaller role. The weight has inched down, but it was a side effect. I can't say I don't enjoy weighing less, but I would be an abject failure if I was forcing myself to eat just to stay the same weight, meaning I wouldn't be able to do it! I suspect I'll be at a similar weight in June when I weigh again, but I could be wrong. My pants could help tell, but I always already know I've been overeating before my clothes tell me.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)